Friday, June 11, 2004

Every goddamn week...

I drink a huge Diet Pepsi every week on Friday at lunch, and then I cannot figure out why the hell I'm all fluttery and antsy the rest of the day. It's another caffeine thing that I do to myself every week, and I don't pick up on the pattern for a while. Like today...I've been feeling ansty for about 2 hours. Couldn't figure it out. Thinking I need to get out, and go out (and all of my friends appear to have left town today for the weekend...the bastards. I know they went on a float trip, and didn't say anything. I need new friends...), and get it out of my system. And then I just realized that it's the insane amount of caffeine I ingested at lunch. I swear that caffeine has some sort of effect on the logical section of my brain. (I get mid-week headaches from lack of caffeine because I only allow myself to have it on weekends, for the most part. Every week, it takes me until late Wednesday night to finally figure out why I have a headache that won't go away after 3 doses of Advil - throughout the day, not all at once - haven't done the job. I get headaches for very specific reasons: PMS, lack of food, sometimes from ponytails, and if I'm sick, which is usually accompanied by lots of other symptoms...So I finally figure out that it's because I haven't had caffeine in 3 freaking days, and I get myself some, and then the headache goes away, and I can think like a normal human being again...)

Caffeine is a strange, strange beast...note the rambly, crappy, "DAMN, what is this chick ON?" post...I need to get out of the office, man...

No comments: