Monday, June 14, 2004

Excuse me, but have you seen my lake? It was here a minute ago...

Ok, the twin pointed this one out to me...seemed to think it was just generally big news here in the midwest. While it's an odd, and even funnily scary story, I had to explain to her that we actually pay attention to the things like car bombings happening in the middle east, and the fact that President Bush is flying in today to give some big speech on Medicare, and that the thunderstorms that are moving in tonight might be somewhat severe, like the ones we had on Saturday, and that there are two children missing that have probably been killed by their nasty-ass piece of shit dad. We don't always consider that Jim-Bob's son JB, jr learning how to tie his shoe to be big news. (Ok, I didn't have to explain that to her, but it is funny that she thinks that a lake disappearing in St. Louis would be a top news story in KC...but I digress...)

A 28-acre lake gone missing is a rather odd phenomenon, fo sho. I'm sure it IS sorta big news in the St. Louis area, which is where the lake used to be. But we're 4 hours from there, so we really don't care much about a man-made lake disappearing overnight. Except to laugh about it, and be glad that we don't own homes in THAT neighborhood! Here's the link. Enjoy the marshy goodness of the story.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I thought it was funnah. And ya know what, Smarty Pants? MSN thought it was big enough news to hold on their front page until 11:30 or so.

F-O already.

Hope ya didn't blow away overnight.

Children missing? I'm gonna lock the garage door tonight. He's still got my opener. fucker.

"THE" Twin.

Faith said...

I know, I think about that all the time. Darla and I were talking about ex-husbands and all that today when we were catching the latest on the little kids missing story, and she said she doesn't think her ex would do such a thing. The guy never even visits his kids, you know? But I worry in your case...it's not that they're mad at the children, you know? It's that they're mad at the ex-wife, or whatever, and Lord only knows what might take them to the edge of that madness. It freaks me out!

And thanks for being a good sport...I still haven't heard anything about the missing lake on any of our local news around here. They just don't care about it, for some reason. At least talk about it because it's funny as hell, you know? Dumbass news stations...

Anonymous said...

Did you at least hear about the blind guy driving the golf cart because his friend was too drunk too drive?

aaahhhh hahahahahahahahaha!

The blind guy got a ticket. (I almost wrote that he got sighted, but decided that was too cruel and cheesy =p)

Faith said...

I did hear about that one...the news folks couldn't keep from giggling over it. They said the drunk guy was giving the blind guy directions on when to turn and all that, and they said he really did fine driving. It was the stopping and parking part he had trouble with. Which, as we all know, can be a very integral and important part of maneuvering a golf cart.

What I want to know is how someone that's blind can drive by just using a drunk guy's directions? I mean, how do you anticipate speed on a downhill slope? Or how do you know just how much you should turn? I can't imagine he drove very far, is the thing. But I'm glad they got in trouble. Dumbass men...

Anonymous said...

Ok, see now I went a *little* further in my thought on this whole situation. I mean, if the drunk guy was well enough to tell the blind guy when to turn, how fast to go, where the curb was, etc etc, he sounds like he was WAAAYYYY better off than the blind gy to drive!

I also heard that this is a tiny town in Georgia where about 60% of the population have golf carts for getting around. It's really quite genius.

All about Golf said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering callaway golf club related stuff. Feel free to visit my callaway golf club site.