Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Inspiring what?

I had a weird dream last night that involved my favorite blogger, Joelle at tenth-muse. Her boyfriend Mikey was there, too. We were playing miniature golf, I think, which makes some sense, since she talked about their Memorial Day weekend in Santa Monica on her blog yesterday, and they played miniature golf while they were there. The weird thing was she had a really heavy British accent. Confused the heck out of me. She's from Texas...I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any British accent. It was fun hanging out with her, though. *sigh!* I wish I could be cool like Joelle...

It's a beautiful here in KC today...looking forward to being able to get out during it to head to an appointment (I don't usually get out much during the day...), and then perhaps futzing around the yard tonight to water things that need it, and to tear out a lovely weed garden that has installed itself in a corner of my back yard. Since Detroit and LA don't start their series against each other until Sunday, I really don't have much desire to watch t.v. right now, so it's a good thing that the weather will be treating us so well this week, I believe. I do need to get my ass back on the treadmill though...want to reach the goal of running 5 miles a day by August. And that's only two months away! Augh!!!

I'm pissed at my dad right now, though. I called him last night to chat, and he was eating dinner. No biggy...he said as long as I didn't mind him chewing in my ear, then he was fine. So we chatted a bit, I told him what was going on with me, and that my major project right now is figuring out how much it's going to cost to remodel my bathroom. He had just told me that it was a bad idea to have my coworker's father give me a quote (he does the remodeling thing for a living, and works at Home Depot as a consultant, even...), and I was trying to figure out why it was a bad idea, when he suddenly said, "You know what? I've got another beep coming in, and my dinner is getting cold, so I'll have to talk to you later..." I was all, ummm, oookaaayyy...and he said goodbye, and I said goodbye, too, but I was very confused by it. My dad blew me off! Whatevah!! I was mad, and a little bit hurt, so I called my twin to talk about it. She helped me, which was nice since she's got a cold and is feeling really crummy. She gave me some good advice, gave me some info about dad and what he's dealing with right now, and told me it might be better to try him this weekend, and then we got off the phone. But I'm still pissed at my dad. You know, he never calls me. And I know he's busy, and all, but I'm his kid, you know? I live halfway across the country, and we don't talk all that often, and he hasn't seen me/talked to me since I was home at the end of April. I know he's probably thinking, "Oh man...here she comes to hit me up for some cash...", and he's right. But guess what? He can afford to give me the cash I need to remodel my bathroom. (Which isn't just a cosmetic thing...the floor is rotting, so it has to happen...) And I pay it back, so he should just deal, and move the hell on. I mean, the man is building a fucking extra house in Vegas where no one is even going to live full time...it's larger than the house he currently lives in with my step mom, and they're going the full 9 yards with this puppy. I don't know if she's preparing to live there full time after he passes away, or what, but I just don't get it. He can definitely spare me the whole guilt-trip he might be thinking of giving me for borrowing a little more cash from him so I can keep my ass from falling through my damned bathroom floor. (Don't think that I'm ungrateful...he KNOWS how grateful I am for his generosity and understanding when it comes to the cash he loans me...AND, I do pay him back. It's all planned out and budgeted in advance before the loan ever happens. I'm a good kid, and I know that money doesn't grow on trees, even for my father.)

Anyway. That's what's going through my head this morning. What a mess, hm?

1 comment:

remodeling said...

Projects..Projects..Projects.. If you are like me it seems like there is never enough time in the day.. You get home late and leave early.. then the weekends thats another story by itself. My wife has found it easier to hire somebody if you we need help with remodeling. She fond a great site for remodeling at http://reliableconstructionservices.com and wanted to share it with you.. Im glad to find help when I need it..