Thursday, June 24, 2004

It's a bloggy day, apparently...

Ok, I HATE it when I go into the bathroom, and there's someone already in a stall, and they aren't making any noise, or anything, and they continue to be completely silent the entire time I'm in the bathroom. Now, I know they must just be uncomfy with the idea of setting themselves free with someone else in the bathroom with them...I've been there myself. But you know what I do? No matter how uncomfy it makes me, I get up, flush, and head back to the office for 20 minutes or so. (Oh, and I wash my hands, too...I'm a freak about that sort of thing.) But these people that just sit in there, not doing anything - not even the roll the toilet paper trick that so many women tend to do in those types of situations, you know, to break the tension - those people scare me a little. And I feel really bad for them, too. I'm not evil or sadistic (contrary to what some may believe due to my behavior over the past week or so...:P), so I understand their predicament, and I do my best to hurry things along a bit. I know some people might be tempted to do the whole check the make-up, pick the teeth, wander around and waste time sort of thing to make the person in the stall even MORE uncomfy, but I'm not that type. I feel really bad for them when I'm all done, heading out the door, and then another person walks in. Gah! that must be terrible for them to have to go through!

Then again, maybe it just takes them 10 minutes to take care of things, and they're magically silent while doing it. OR, perhaps it's just a quiet place they go to read after lunch, so as to relax and prepare for the rest of the afternoon. Maybe they've fallen asleep. I don't know...

Anyway, it bugs me a bit. Because while they're totally quiet, they can hear everything that I'm doing...and that makes me uncomfy. I don't know why.

I also hate it when I'm in the far right hand stall, and someone comes in and chooses to go into the stall directly next to me, rather than to go into the stall on the far left (there are only 3 in my restroom at my office...). Why do they do that? We need some space, people! And if you have the option to give it, then take that option! Dumbasses...

2 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

I tooooottally agree with ya here, twin-o.

We only have 4 stalls- at least once a week someone will come in and take the stall directly next to me. WTF?

And the silent thing bugs me too. I mean, I respect it, but it bugs me.

Faith said...

I am all about respecting the silent people...they scare me, though. My co-worker and I were talking about what could be the deal. I was all, "Maybe she fell asleep..." And then I was all, "*Gasp!* Maybe she's dead!" But then we discussed how if she was dead, then we would at least hear the *clunk* as her head hit the partition, or whatever. And then the other people in the bathroom would be all, "Oh! She's dead! THAT'S why she's being so quiet..."

We have issues, my co-worker and I...