Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Just a quick question. Or two...

This is my blog, right? I mean, it's my space to say whatever I want to say, about whomever I want to talk about, and to air my feelings about certain things that happen to me, or to other people around me or in the news, or whatever, isn't it? It is also my space to be able to manipulate as I desire, in case once I've aired certain things, and feel they no longer have a place being posted on my blog, I can then delete them as I see fit to do.

And if people don't like it, they don't have to fucking read it, right? Because when I'm going through something that's kind of hard to deal with, I'm going to post it. If I'm angered by something or someone, then I might just talk it out in this space right here. If I want to apologize for something I've said, then I'll likely do it here. (But I might also do it in a personal e-mail, or in a phone conversation, etc...) Because that's kind of the point of my blog!

However, I don't think I'll ever get on my high horse to make comments about how certain people should deal with current events in their lives. That's a general rule I'm going to go ahead and make for myself right now, going forward. You shouldn't ever read an entry of mine from here on out that will tell someone that they should feel a certain way, or that they should behave a certain way, or that they should treat someone a certain way. Unless I am one of the people involved in the situation, who am I to criticize what's going on? And if you ever catch me doing such a thing, I hope you'll say something about it. My main reason for making this rule is that one shouldn't throw stones at glass houses. Chances are that my criticism of a person's behavior might come back and bite me in the ass, I'd think.

We all do things for attention every now and then. We crave it. We need it. It's natural, unless you're a hermit and live under a rock. Some people post their issues with people in their lives right on the blog for that person (and anyone else who happens to read it...) to see. Some people attempt to gain that attention in other ways...whatever floats your boat. But I just don't see the point of picking on other people for having the emotions they have!

For example, over the past week or so, I've been generously airing my feelings with regards to the break up of my current relationship. It hurt. LOTS. And I'm very sad to see it ending. I will pick myself up and move on eventually, and I think I've taken great strides in doing just that over just the past two days alone. But I don't know what I would have done if my sister had posted a comment to one of my blog posts saying, "Um, you're whining a lot, and I'm sick of hearing it. Pull yourself together and move on, ok? Because I'm sick of you trying to get the attention you crave..." What I would prefer for her to do is to maybe just not read my blog for a week or so, if she doesn't want to hear it. And who is she to say that I shouldn't feel the way I do, and express it however I like? (*disclaimer: my sister has been very supportive of me throughout this whole thing I'm going through, and I'm quite grateful...this was just an example of example's sake...)

Anyway, I'm not ever going to judge how someone reacts to something that's going on in their life without being a personal party involved, is all. And that makes me feel gooooood. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. But she's not the only one sick of the whining...

Faith said...

Who? My sister? I don't know what's being referred to here...I used the example of my sister, but I made it up.

If you want to say something to me specifically, don't hide behind an "Anonymous" signature. You're entitled to your opinion, I think (after all, the title of the blog is Frighteningly Uncommon Sense...it's that way for a reason), but you seem to be missing my point that (a) my blog is my blog, and I can say whatever I want on it, whether I'm whining or not, and (b) that I think it's a low blow to make such a comment, especially when I'm is going through a hard time. If you don't want to see it, then you don't have to read it. That's all...

You don't know me, I don't think, so why does it even bother you?

And if you do know me, then ID yourself, because I don't like associating myself with people who will judge me for the feelings I express. That's crap. As far as I know, the only people in my life who read this blog are people who support me and care for me, and understand a little bit of what I'm going through right now. Whoever you are, just remember that you're throwing stones...you can't say that you've never done what it is that I've done over the past week/few days on this blog. Not if you're a grown up who's had failed relationships. Perhaps you're perfect, and you never make mistakes. More power to you. You should try to save the world with that kind of luck, or something...

Anonymous said...

And you know I wouldn't mind you using me as an example, 'cause I'm fine with it.

Now who is this retard who has every choice to NOT read your posts? I don't get their inane ability to understand.

Dude, I think you're just gonna have to chalk it up to some people being just psychotic enough to think the way they do, but not psychotic enough for people to recognize it on the streets. Right? ;)

Faith said...

(Ok, that last anonymous comment was from my twin, in case anyone was wondering...) I don't KNOW who it is, man! I don't even have a clue. As far as I know, you read this blog, Patrick reads this blog, and a chick named Lyn from http://chickrawker.blogspot.com reads it every now and then. Oh, and maybe a couple of people from KCBloggers might read it, like M_Toast and Sheri. But they're cool! At least they've behaved really cool to me through the blogs, I think. But someone is definitely annoyed by me venting about my sadness over losing Patrick, and I don't know why it's even something they need to worry about. Unless it's Patrick. And we cleared the air already. So I. Just. Don't. Get it. I'm really hoping they ID themselves. Because if you're going to call someone names because of the FEELINGS they're venting about in their own blog space, then grab a pair and fess up, is all I'm saying.

Anonymous said...

Psychotic people don't fess up. They rationalize and justify.

=P

Faith said...

Never thought that creating a rational argument could be considered "psychotic", but m-kay. It's a new perspective...I like trying to see things from a new point of view.

And now the point of view for everyone out there in blog-land will be the ass-end of this conversation. Time to move on! (Of course, feel free to comment more on this, if you'd like. I'll respond if the lurker wants to keep it up. I'm so excited to have a bitter lurker! Eeek!) Although, I don't know if that last anonymous comment was from the same person that first posted...if so, then they do seem to have mellowed, which could take all the fun out of this for me. Buggars.

Anonymous said...

That was me, the Twin. Alright, I'm taking the time to set up an account right now!

FaithsTwin said...

ok, so I had to starta fuggin' BLOG to get to sign on other than anonomously? sheesh

Anonymous said...

Many a coward has hid behind anoymous. I know that one ALL too well. Don't let them bother you. After all who cares what they have to say if they can't say it and be "up front" then it really means sh##. Just my 2 cents. And I don't have an blogger account either. Found you via Sheri's site. I'm at cheri.wildscorpy.com.

Faith said...

Yeah, it's kind of fun to have someone that disagrees so openly, though. So far, it's been pretty mellow around here...I like having dissenters. Even if they are attacking my character without knowing me, it seems. I'm open to that! It makes me feel more alive, sort of. :) (Glad you found me...hope you like my somewhat boring, hopefully entertaining nonetheless, blog...)

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Nice site, keep up the good work .

http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu BUY PHENTERMINE
BUY PHENTERMINE
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu buy phentermine
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu phentermine online
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu order phentermine
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu cheap phentermine
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu buy phentermine online
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu phentermine diet pill
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu phentermine online pharmacy
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu phentermine prescription
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu what is phentermine
http://buy-phentermine.hem.nu free phentermine

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for what You are doing!Information, that I managed to find here
is extremely useful and essential for me!With the best regards!
David

Anonymous said...

Great job done, keep it up!with the best regards!

Anonymous said...

Hello!I enjoyed looking around Your web-site!Keep up this great resourse!With the best regards!
James
Lipitor vs lovastatin