Tuesday, June 08, 2004

New title...internet advisory is blocking me otherwise...

I'm tired of men saying to me that they are "in a different place" than I am emotionally. And that they "are just looking to have fun". Ok, HELLLLOOOOO!! Since when does it say across my ass that I'm looking for a relationship with someone that will be anything BUT fun??? (No, no!! Please sir...I don't want to hang out and have a good time! I'd much rather dwell on the past relationships I've had and moon over guys that made my life suck, and hope that everything I work for in a relationship turns to a great big pile of SHIT someday soon...)

Big news flash to all men who read this site (of which there is probably one, if that any more...): a person CAN have fun at the same time that they look forward to having a future with their significant other! *gasp!* "No! It can't be! That simply would be a miraculous event, for sure!!"

This isn't to say that everything is going to be peaches and kittens all day long as long as you're in a relationship with someone. I mean, there are going to be some skirmishes and trouble along the way. Since we're not aliens, and we're not all the same mentally, this is a reality.

But for CHRISSAKES!!! If you put it out there that you're a long-term relationship-type-guy, and then you get in it with a chick that is LOOKING for a guy just like you, then don't act shocked when she would prefer to talk about what's going on with you, and gets pissed off when she finds out you're keeping shit from her. Because that? Makes you a jackass.

Stop using that line, guys...it's crap. What it means is that you started feeling something for the girl you're with that scares the shit out of you because when you've felt it previously, you had your heart dragged through the mud. And you're afraid she's going to do it to you too. Just admit that you're not ready to be in a relatioship right now, and don't make it seem like it's the person's fault that you're with because they were open and honest about their feelings for you. It's nasty, and a bitter way of dealing with things. "I just wanted to have fun..." Yeah...I was definitely looking for a relationship with someone that was going to kick my ass every day and make me miserable. Fun wasn't even something I had considered could occur. My bad.

Apparently, I'm feeling a bit bitter...I'd better go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's OK to be bitter. For a while. Just not forever. And the "ass" and "BUT fun" in the same sentence? Cool...

Your sis. =p

Faith said...

Thanks, man. I feel fine, really. Still want to know why he said a couple of things to me that he did, but we have to talk, anyway. The way things happened yesterday was not right. And we have to give each other stuff...we'll probably talk tonight, it seems. Last night didn't work out. I just am sad, is all, today. I don't get it...

Thanks, though. Glad you liked the post. :)