Friday, June 25, 2004

Ok, ENOUGH with the work already! Sheesh!

On my way to work today, I was behind a newer model Corvette. I personally don't think they're much more than a glorified gringo car, but if it floats your boat, then great. Anyway, it was red, and convertable, and had 4 tail pipes, which seemed excessive to me, but also told me it was quite a sporty little custom job. (I don't think they come standard like that, but then again, I really wouldn't know...)

It's license plate said "FLAME N". And it was a guy driving it. So, I was immediately struck with the thought that either this was a very openly gay guy driving what I consider to be a rather macho vehicle, OR it was a JoCo dumbass man who thought, "My car is sooooo HOT, it's flaming! I'm gonna put THAT on the license plate, man!!" And he has zero clue that it sends out an entirely different message to all those driving behind him.

It was a stupid license plate, nonetheless. (Although, people who know me and know what I have on mine might think I'm not one to talk...but whatever.)

By the way, had a lovely time at the blogger meet-up! It was fun to meet everyone and chat a bit, and I felt sorry that I had to leave so early, but I did have fun the rest of the night visiting with old friends that I hadn't seen in months, it seems. Plus, there will be more meet-ups, I'm sure. And I'm looking forward to them. :)

2 comments:

Jay said...

Faith -

Just a note to let you know that I enjoyed meeting you and might have guessed, eventually, that you are from California -- there's an attitude, a look, and even an accent (albeit subtle) that's definitely not local and that hints "West Coast." I could even say "aura," or "air," were not such things clich├ęd. So I won't. ;)

Practical matters: Blogger isn't letting me post my suggested method of adding a blogroll to your template in this comment, because it won't accept some of the HTML. So send me an e-mail at Jay.Manifold@mail.sprint.com, and I'll e-mail you back with what I've got in mind.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Lady --
Just wanted to say it was great to meet you! I'm glad you were able to stop by for a while and have some fun with us :)
There are a lot of good pics, and some cute ones of you (you too, Jay!) ... watch out for them at kcbloggers (sometime, hopefully!) this weekend.
Take care,
Sheri
(skittish.org/sheri)