Monday, June 07, 2004

Ok then...

I finally feel as though I might be pulling out of whatever funk I hit over the weekend. It hit me mid-day on Saturday, and started to ease up a little last night. But then the Lakers lost, and I went to bed kind of mopey again. Woke up this morning feeling a bit more in control. Got to work, remembered that a new version of e-mail was going to be installing itself, and settled in for the challenges that would present. Then my co-worker came in and said something about hearing that the Lakers didn't show up last night. Um, ok, if you DON'T watch the sport, then don't give true fans shit about stuff, alrighty? Because they DID show up...they busted some ASS, even. It's not like they lost by 20 points, smart-pants, they lost by 11, and they had good reason for being out of rhythm. Why do people think it's funny to make comments like that, really? Sheit...

Anyway, I got a bill from my dentist over the weekend that was for the full amount of my last cleaning and little sealant they did on one of my teeth. See, I shouldn't have gotten the bill this quickly (it's only been 2 weeks since I went in for the visit), because first they're supposed to bill my insurance company, and then they can come after me for the left-over amount the insurance company won't pay. So that pissed me off. Then other personal shit started happening, which I'm happy to say seem to be worked out, for the most part. THEN I received some legal docs back on the small claims deal I'm going through with the previous owners of my house. I was excited to see whether they were served or not...and they weren't. Because I'm an idiot and didn't check to see which county Tonganoxie was in for sure. I thought it was Wyandotte, but it's not, and I feel like a total jackass. Now my court date has to be post-poned, and I need to fill out new paperwork to correct the issue. However, I called the small claims office this morning, and I'm happy to say that the docs I need to fill out are being sent to me today, and I do not have to pay a new filing fee of $50 again. That really made me feel better. And it took no time to take care of. Yay! Oh, and the dentist office doesn't know why they don't have my insurance info in their system, but they're going to take care of things for me, because they aren't sure why the bill was sent to me. This isn't the first time they've done stuff like this...and they usually blame me for their mistakes. But I really like my hygenist and the dentist, so I'm not going to go someplace else after I've been going to them as long as I have, you know? It must be really hard to keep track of records you keep on patients that you only see twice per year, I would think...heh.

Anyway, I think I'm feeling better. Although I'm still not in the mood to talk to my dad after the blowing off incident last week. Don't know when I'll get over that, but I hope it'll be soon...

I'm a mess. As usual.

No comments: