Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Saving Faith...

Co-worker B is back in town, baby! He dropped by last night, brought along a few beers, and we chatted and then watched "Saving Silverman" (which he'd never seen...absolute travesty!) until far too late into the evening. I'm tired today, but it's well worth it...

If you're reading this, my brutha, gracias mucho. I don't know if we'll be getting together much after this week is over (not sure if you'll be coming back to town very soon?), and I'm gonna miss the time we spend together. Last night was definitely fun for me, and I hope it was fun for you, too.

It's funny...last night, he asked me if I ever wrote anything about him on my blog. Sure I do! Just the little things, though...after he's been in town, and has provided me with much needed mid-week interaction with a friend. But here's a little intro into how B and I came to be friends...When I first met B, it was through our co-worker who acts as the new hire/systems trainer for our region. The trainer told me that he had a guy that assisted him (can't remember if that's exactly how he put it, but regardless, he came along to assist and supplement the training being given), and I should take him out to see KC. I was all, "Um...oookaaay. But I don't know when I can, really..." Sort of reluctant. I was not looking forward to hanging out with some goober out-o'-towner for a whole night. And then B walked in and our co-worker introduced us. I don't think I've ever changed my mind faster about something...let's see: cute, young, and all smiles. Yeah, "Wanna go out tonight?" I asked him...and the rest is history.

It's nice to have a friend like B. Even if he is far away, and all, for the most part. And I'm not sure exactly how much more often he'll be making it to town. But he's a good guy, and I always, ALWAYS look forward to being able to hang out with him. I hope we can stay friends even after you stop travelling to town, man. As one of your rapper "buddies" might say, peace out! (No...that just looks wrong coming from me, doesn't it. Damn...I always had hoped I could pull off the "peace out" thing, but it seems I might be wrong. Oh well...)

No comments: