Thursday, June 03, 2004

Something funny happened on the way to the internet this morning...

You know what? I just want something funny to happen to me. Seems like it's been years since something random and funny has happened that I could recount in a story to old friends, co-workers, new friends, etc...

I remember years ago when my twin and our best friend and I were all driving someplace in San Juan Capo (where I'm from), and I was in the backseat of our 1990 T-bird when I realized that there was a bee buzzing around the back window. My initial reaction to this discovery was "How the hell did he get in here??" But then I just started scareeeeaaming!! "Augh, there's a BEE in the back window! There's a BEEEE IN THE BACK WINDOW!!! STOP THE CAR! PULL OVER AND STOP THE CAAAAAARRR!!!" My sister kind of pulled over, and we all literally SHOT out of the car through it's two doors (I think I almost climbed over my best friend to get away from the thing...), screaming at the top of our lungs. Now, in the area we "pulled over", there are two gas stations directly across the street from each other. Around three men all saw us screaming and leaping from our car, and came running to our aid. Once they found out what we were freaking out about, two of them left, shaking their heads, and cursing us for being jack-ass females. One noble young man stuck around, and helped us usher the bee from the car. Or he killed it...I can't remember which. Anyway. Funny story, no? Ok, kind of a had to be there thing, but it was funny as hell to my sister our best friend and I. We still laugh about it. I don't know why.

Maybe for the next couple of posts, I'll recount the funny things that used to happen when Laura, Mandi, and I all got together when we were young. That seems like a good idea to me. You wouldn't believe all the fun we have when we're together. I wish we all lived in the same town, really...

No comments: