Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Soooooo...

I have this opportunity to do this really cool and very fun thing that not a whole lot of people (well, not people I know, anyway) get the opportunity to do in their lifetime. But it'll cost me roughly $300 to get to where I need to be to experience said cool thing. Now, I'm not hugely in debt right now...not like I was last year after I first bought the house, and decided that my credit card was my friend, and Dad gives us the gift o' money every year anyway, so I should be fine, etc, etc...no, this year, things are way more under control. In fact, the majority of the expenses that have created the debt I owe are from purchasing tickets to fly to California this year. One time it was $320 for the bachelorette party in Palm Springs (totally worth it!), the next it was $220 for the wedding a month later, $100 for the present for the wedding is on there somewhere. I don't know...I'm not going out every week buying new clothes, or new shit for my house, is my point. I'm travelling to experience things, and to spend time with loved ones. Can anyone really put a price on that sort of thing? And should I be so bothered by $2,000, anyway? I mean, I can pay that off in 8 months, I'm sure! And I won't be travelling again until Christmas, so really, what am I bothered by here?

I'm 70% certain I'm going to go do this really cool and very fun thing. That's progress, considering I was only 60% sure about 5 minutes ago...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm you SOOOO need to do this "cool" thing seeing as I have already gotten to do something cool like this on a couple of occasions (just not the premier like I am offering) and besides, when is the next time you can say what you can say AFTER you do this cool thing? It's so worth it, and the people there will appreciate you doing it. I better get an email from you tomorrow saying yer comin'...

Faith said...

Will I be able to take pictures?