Friday, June 04, 2004

Things look veeeerrrry different in the light of day...

Bleh. WHY in heaven's name was I up until 1 a.m. last night? I mean, yeah, ok I had fun...but what do I think I am? 24? Ugh...being old sucks.

Proxy server crap is keeping me from commenting. So in answer to the comment on the title of my last post, no, I don't consider "boys" to be "toys". But the words rhyme, which is all it takes sometimes when I'm (a) a bit tipsy, (b) kinda sorta tired, and (c) still up at 1 a.m. on a school night. Really, it's a reference to an old Pee-Wee's Playhouse thing. He used to say "I love my toys!" all the time, and it stuck. Lots of little bits stuck from his show. My twin and I are always saying to each other "I bought new dishes!" in reference to a line Miss Yvonne said once when she was telling Pee-Wee what happened when she was sick, and she allowed her dishes to pile clear to the ceiling in the sink. Pee-Wee was in the bathroom while she was telling the story (and we could hear him peeing, no less...love it!), and after she said she let her dishes pile to the ceiling, he called out, "What'd you do then?" And she turned to the camera, said, "I bought new dishes!" and flashed a sparkly white smile and cocked her head cutely. Cracked us up!

Again, though, I say bleh. Hate. Being. Old.

Oh, sweet hangover...ye miracle of thy magical elixer called "beer"...please be merciful! Allow me to work in peace, and to sleep wonderfully when this day finally ends.

No comments: