Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Back from the dead...sort of.

Man. Being out of the office for 4 days and a weekend is rough! I've spent all morning dealing with some issues, printing out others so I can deal with them this afternoon, and catching up with the co-workers. But I'm trying to talk as little as possible, which makes the catching up a bit tougher than it usually might be. My throat seems to be the lingering location for the cold at this point...it's dry and wants me to cough constantly. But I will not give it the satisfaction! Mostly because it's starting to give me a headache to cough that much...and it's annoying. Really, really annoying. *cough, cough!* See? Annoying as hell...bastard cough!
 
Randall (the pilot) will be here tomorrow! Eeeee! I wish I could save the mowing that needs to be done to my backyard for when he gets here, but I really don't want to do that to a guest, no matter how much they say they love doing it. So I'm going to do it tonight myself. I'll be taking loads of breaks while doing so, though.
 
I'm confused about my personal life right now though, to be honest. After the Big Bad Breakup, I went to the ex for some lovin', which he was (and still is, God bless him) ready and willing to give whenever we're able to work it into our schedules. I wanted something to get my mind off of things, and that did it! I'm not ready to launch back into a relationship, though, which seems to be the ideal situation for the ex and me. We both still have strong feelings for each other, and we both are attracted as HELL to each other, too. But we both also know that when we're together together, it just doesn't work. So we keep our distance, really. He did call me this morning on his way out of town to see if I was doing ok, though. Which was awfully nice of him. Hmmm. Weird.
 
And then there's this pilot. How will this ever work, I wonder? We live far apart from each other, and would never get to see each other as much as I'd like to see a boyfriend, if it ever got to that level for us. I suppose that right now, I'm content with the wondering, and looking forward to seeing him when I get to. But if it ever got serious, which wouldn't be for a while mind you, what happens then? Could I even ever get serious with a person who has admitted to never having read a book in their life? (He's not dumb, folks...he flies goddam airplanes. I'm pretty sure it takes a certain amount of smarts to run one of those suckers, and to do it safely...) I mean, we're just so different in so many ways. Oh well...plenty of time to find out.
 
And then there's Jim. From Match.com. He's adorable, and local, and new, and I'm really, really looking forward to meeting him soon. (He's actually not all that new...we were chatting after I broke up with the ex in January, and then I got things started with the ex again, and dumped all the boys I was chatting with, and then the ex and I broke up again a week later. For some reason, I focussed on Patrick as opposed to Jim after I broke it off the second time with the ex, and we all know how THAT ended up...)  BUT, Jim is a virgo. Bleh. Virgos and I, according to history, just don't mix. But I really hate to hang a blossoming relationship on something as inane as astrology. While it seems to be pretty darned spot on about loads of things, I just think that there are so many other outside forces that make things work when it comes to relationships. Past experiences with girlfriends/boyfriends, mental ability to handle a relationship, stregth of character, etc...So, I'm going to give him a chance. And the thing that makes this one different from the other boys I've dated recently (within the past 2 years) that I met on Match? He wrote to me first. So I'm being pursued in this case. That bodes well for the whole thing, in my mind, anyway.
 
Ok, that ends this portion of totally useless information programming for today. Tune in tomorrow for updates to the grass-cutting saga, and my exploits regarding finding the perfect potato for baking when I go to the store tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many boys, so little time. Oh what do I do? Oh girl I just wish I had your problems. LOL
~C

Faith said...

Aw, it's not THAT many boys, really. And one of them is an ex that I know doesn't work for me at all, unfortunately. And one is out of town most of the time. And the other one I haven't even met yet, you know? I mean, the big problem I have is that I think about it all too much. I really need to keep my mind on other things...which is why I appreciate friends like you, and weekends like this last one that I had. That helps me put the boys where they belong right now...which is at the end of the line, man! It does help a lot that the pilot can only get away to visit me during the week, which leaves my weekends open for other things. :) I don't know...it's all fitting together so well right now, that I just know it's the way it's supposed to be. Does that make any sense?

Anonymous said...

http://www.watiti.com

Hi,
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, upload music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

http://www.watiti.com