Monday, October 25, 2004

I'm in a newsy kinda mood, it seems...

We have a little story locally that just makes me want to go on television and say, "Really? Are you kidding me? Really??" It's a bit fucked up, IMO. 2 old people (76 and 79) were found dead in their Bible store last week.

The police believe it's the result of a robbery attempt gone bad.

Really???

I told my co-worker just now that I'm tired of hearing of it, because every time I do, I have to sit back and think about it for a while. Like a song that gets stuck in my head.

My theory is that it's someone who wants to guarantee their ticket to hell. "How can I go to hell for sure? How, how, ho...OH! I know!! I'll kill a couple of old people! Defenseless old people who have no way of fighting back. Ooh! Defenseless old people that own and work in a Bible store. Because that has GOT to get Christ on my bad side, I'd think. This is the best plan for going to hell ever!"

But the local cops think it was a fucking robbery. Because, you know, when I'm strapped for cash, the first place I think of hitting for a free loan is a Bible store. I hear they tend to roll in the dough.

It makes no sense to me. Why do people still want to bring children into this world, huh? With people killing old Bible store owners and shit. Not nice...not nice at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, with all the reporting on this story there hasn't been much time for commentary. I think your post accurately captures what most people are thinking when they hear, view or read news regarding this story. You're completely right.

Peace,

Tony

www.tonyskansascity.com

Faith said...

You're so right, Tony. It's fascinated me that I haven't heard more people question right out the fact that the only motive they have thus far is the whole robbery thing. It just seems fishy to me. And the story has continued to be reported on, but the info they're giving hasn't changed much. We know they're dead, and we know that the cash was missing from the register. But now the police want to speak to other customers that were in the store that day?

I don't know...could it be some sort of Satanic cult thing? It's just sooo wrong that it happened.

FaithsTwin said...

Maybe it was really a head shop- PERFECT way to launder their drug money AND sell those miscellaneous drug paraphenalia goods out of the back room.

Could explain the motive. You can't put an age on drugs, man.

Faith said...

Ok, don't know if you're serious or not. But I'm pretty sure that any other uses for the store would have been reported by now. But what we're getting is the same stuff over and over. Old people that ran a Bible store are both dead, and police are saying it was a robbery. The news shows little blips of people from around there talking about it, and they all say the same thing I did about it not making any sense, and how they just don't understand why it happened.

It's weird as hell, if you ask me.

FaithsTwin said...

Well, I was half and half, if you really need to know.

I mean, come ON, the most unsuspecting people would be the RIGHT people for something like that, no?

Remember the Paisley Penguin? Yeah- head shop. Sean said the police would come in there allllll the time trying to catch Allen in the act of one thing or another (he sold the paraphenalia, but because it was just the stuff without the drugs- which he provided through 'outlets' outside of the shop- the police couldn't prove he was doing anything illegal). He laundered a LOT of his drug money there, but that's hard to prove too.

Think about it- I'm just providing a lead where the community had none. And I know I'm getting a one way ticket to hell for it- no need to notify me of that trip.