Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Kind of meme, kind of chain mail...

Lyn did this on her blog, and I thought it was a fabu idea. We've all seen them before, of course, and each time, my answers are different. I thought it was interesting this time around...

1st. Get Pen and Paper
2nd. When choosing names, make sure they are real people that you know. Go with your first instincts. Very important for good results.

3rd. Don’t read ahead otherwise you will ruin the fun.
1. On a blank sheet of paper, Write the numbers 1 through 11 in a column on the left.

2. Besides the numbers 1 & 2, write down any 2 numbers you want.
3. Besides the numbers 3 & 7, write down the names of two members of the opposite sex.
4. Write anyone’s names (like friends or family) next to 4, 5, & 6.
5. Write down four song titles in 8, 9, 10, & 11
6. Finally, Make a Wish

Remember, don't read ahead! I don't have the ability to do that hide thing on my blog, because I'm not one of the cool kids, so finish up your scribbling before you read the key below, m-kay?







Key to the game:
1. The number of people you must tell about this game is found in space 2.
2. The person in space 3 is the one you love.
3. The person you like but your relationship cannot work is in space 7.
4. You care most about the person you put in space 4.
5. The person you name in number 5 is the one who knows you very well.
6. The person you named in 6 is your lucky star.
7. The song in 8 is the song that matches with the person in number 3.
8. The title in 9 us the song for the person in 7.
9. The 10th space is the song that tells you most about your mind.
10. And 11 is the song telling you how you feel about life.
11. Number 1 is your lucky number.Your wish is supposed to come true if you send this to at least the number of people in space 1.

Ok, so here's the meme part of it. My answers were as follows:
1. 13
2. 5
3. Ex-ex-boyfriend (a.k.a. Dickhead)
4. The Twin
5. My co-worker
6. My old boss
7. Dave
8. Strangeways, Here We Come
9. Sensual World (ok, that just icks me out right now...)
10. Single Girl (heh...now you know why the last one icks me out.)
11. Honeysuckle Rose

10 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

1. 7
2. 2
3. Matt (you know which one...but I *swear* that isn't how I think of him!)
4. Twin (Awwww! We BOTH did that- creepy!)
5. Mandi
6. Shell (kinda odd, but hey, she's the one that popped into my head!)
7. Sean (Lol!)
8. The More You Ignore Me...(again, funny because of the person I put there.)
9. Crazy (Pasty Cline- which cracks me up 'cause of what the key says.)
10. Possibly Maybe (Bjork)
11. That last song in the 1st and 2nd Bourne flicks. (But that song is almost always in my head...it's such a great sound!)

Cool stuff...but I think it's odd that you have to TELL the # of people in space 2 about this, but that you need to SEND it on to the # of people in space 1- which is your lucky #???

Faith said...

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd, too. But my lucky # is 13. It always has been. I just don't know if I get 13 readers on this thing. I'm pretty sure I have at least 5, but I'm not sure if I have more than 10, really...

I liked your answers too. And isn't it funny that Bossman is my "lucky star"? I was all, Awwww! I have to tell him that! (I don't think he's feeling very lucky star-ish today. Seems down, for some reason...)

lyn said...

i could have typed the numbers wrong. the email i was working from was in ALL CAPS so i ended up re-typing it. and i was distracted by my internet boyfriend at the time. so.....do whatever you feel like.

FaithsTwin said...

It was in all caps? Were you all, "WHY is this cool email YELLING at me!?"

;)

Well, I think those things are fun, so I sent it on to everyone I figured would want to do it anyway- which was way more tha 7 and definitely more than 2. So I'm safe either way...

Awww- tell Boss the evil twin says hello and to take it easy.

Lushy said...

My song that tells how I feel about life is "How much is that doggie in the window?" I must have issues that are more serious than I orignially thought.

OK, I know you like football and I have a sports question that you may be able to help me with...I have to draft a running back tomorrow for my scoring only fantasy football team since both of my good backs are on a bye. All the starting running backs are taken. Do I pick up Dorsey Levens of Philly, hoping that Westbrook is out this week or Blaylock, hoping that Priest Holmes doesn't take all of the goal line rushes? Thanks!

Faith said...

Your song choice was stellar, Lushy. That *really* cracked me up. :)

As for the football question, that's a tough one. I know that Blaylock is likely to be used this weekend, and as I am a Chiefs fan, I'm inclined to tell you to stick with that choice.

Lyn might be able to offer more advice too. She's a player in the fantasy realm, and I am not. She's at www.chickrawker.com. And she's very cool about off-topic questions being asked in her comments section, or you can just drop her a note via e-mail. I just happen to follow college ball more than NFL, unfortunately, so I wouldn't be confident with my advice, if I were you. :)

Lushy said...

Thanks, Faith! I picked up Levens, as a precaution and have marked Holmes as an email update to monitor the status of his ankle injury before I pick up Blaylock. ($5 a trade starts to get expensive!) I usually really like Holmes, but the team I am playing against has him playing this week. That does not bode well for my team. :( I hope that KC wins this week by throwing a bunch of touchdown passes to Eddie Kennison!

Faith said...

Is it really $5 per trade? See, I knew I didn't do that fantasy football thing for a reason. I can't afford it, I'm sure! (But, somehow I do find a way to purchase a pack of cigarettes on a weekly basis. Hm.)

I do love that Kennison guy. Impressive skills. All the Chiefs players seem to haev them! Now if they could just figure out how to use them all together at the same time while they're in play...

lyn said...

i would have picked levins if you asked me, so good job. i play fantasy on yahoo and we don't pay for trades. but we're not playing for money either, just me and the boys having a bit of fun.

Lushy said...

Thanks, Lyn! I got down to the wire on the trade time and I was nervous someone else had the great idea that I had so I just picked Levens up. I still have my eye on Blaylock, though. You can never have too many running backs, even if it's just to keep them from other teams.

Our league allows a maximum of 14 players and the 14 are included in the price to play. Any trades after that are $5 each. It's a hoot. Every week I get totally stressed out and swear I won't ever play it again. Then I go through withdrawals during the off season and sign up again every year. I'm a glutton for punishment.