Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Several things...

I was behind a car briefly this morning that had a personalized plate on it that said "Saturn". Why did it have such a plate, you ask? Well, because it was a Saturn, of course! Sometimes, I'd like to crawl inside the head of some of the simplistic folk out there, and figure out what it is that makes them tick. I swear...

Work is icky again. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but this bitch in another state that used to be the admin for my new boss (and is still supposed to be acting as his admin for his old role...) is still infringing on my job duties/responsibilities. It's pissing. me. OFF! I just sent a note to the new boss asking him to please call me. He's in all-day meetings today, and I need info from him that he's failed to get to me since last goddam Friday (I know, I know...he's new on the job, and getting used to the load of work that needs to be done, blah, blah, blah...GET OVER IT!! He delegates enough of the shit he should actually be doing that I can't imagine what he's doing besides flying from town to town to shmooze folks all over the Midwest.), and I need to talk to him about the perception that some folks in this company have of me as his admin. It's clear that lots of people don't know who the fuck I am. And I'm wondering why they don't. Hmm...could it be that the signature that goes out on every one of his e-mails still lists the OLD admin as his current admin? And that'd be fine, really, but it should show me as well. Unfortunately, I can't access it to change it here. I don't think...I might try later. Anyway, the old admin is sending notes to MY managers like she's their new admin or something. And we JUST talked about this on Friday!! We just went over what she would be doing and what I would be doing! She's such a fucking idiot, it scares me. If this guy values the relationship that they had as boss and admin, then I can't possibly see how he and I are going to get along together long term. Plus, his philosophy of "everyone else do everything for me, and I'll be happy to say thank you" is not going to work for me. He needs to earn his goddam salary and bonuses. I don't get paid enough to do the shit he's got people doing for him. (i.e. having his admin call into a conference call for him, and then patching him in!! Um, HELLO?? Is there a problem with dialing the phone yourself from where you're located? Sheesh...)

I'm tired of the political commercials in KC. They aren't even aimed at those of us on the Kansas side, either. That's what sucks. All of us Kansans have to suffer through the monotonous, annoying, CONSTANT commercials of people attacking each other for the governor of Missouri position, and the state treasurer, and the senate adn all that crap, and we don't even VOTE for those people on our side of the state line! It sucks. But, we only have to deal with it for another week, right? Fuck.

That's what's on my mind this morning. Now I must get to work. Because it's just that time...

No comments: