Thursday, October 28, 2004

Trivial Info

I receive this little newsletterish type thing every day on my fax at work called the Fax Times. They have a little trivia question in it every day that is sometimes interesting, and today's was exceptional. Lemme know if you know the answer to the following:

From 1520 - 1630, how many werewolf cases were said to have been tried in France?
A) 300
B) 3,000
C) 30,000

Comment and tell me what you think. I'll post the answer** by noon CST.



**Ok, I'm a little late with this, but since no one is guessing, it doesn't matter really. The answer is C, believe it or not. Which is fascinating to me. I just told my co-worker, "It's amazing how far we've come in 500 years." To which she replied, "Really? You think we've come all that far?" Hm. Good point.

6 comments:

Lushy said...

My vote is for (b). At approximately 33 cases per year, it would verify my views on the French and their legal system.


P.S. - I don't really have any views on the French legal system but it made me sound so much smarter to include that statement. :)

Faith said...

Well, we're coming up on noon-time here in Kansas, so I'll be posting the answer very soon. But I can't believe I don't have a couple more guesses! Twin? Lyn? Where the hell are you guys? And Bob...I thought I had a new reader named Bob. Where's he been these past couple of days? Damn...

Thank god for you Lushy. And I love the logic for your guess.

FaithsTwin said...

I'm BUSY!!! I only work 'till 3 on Thursdays now, and I have a shit load on my desk...now I need to go find lunch.

But I say b. Now shut the fuck up, would ya?

lyn said...

i was in a meeting all morning and then took one of my employees out to lunch. being a good boss, ya know? but definitely interesting....

Kevin said...

They actually brought werewolves to trial?

"How do you plead?"

"Awhoooooooooooww!"

Faith said...

Yes, apparently, 500 years ago - in France - people actually *did* change over from human form to wolf form during a full moon, and travelled about the countryside terrorizing people and attacking/ripping things apart.

People in France during the 16th and 17th centuries must have had some easy access to some pretty fucked up drugs, I think. Dumbasses.

OR, maybe we should thank our lucky stars that they eradicated the werewolf population for us through their cunning use of trials and proper prosecution. Crafty French folks that they beed back then...