Monday, November 29, 2004

A Few of My Favorite Things - #1

I love the feeling of when I get up in the middle of the night to pee, and it's cold outside my bed, and then I climb back into bed after I'm done...that coziness that wraps itself around me is unequalled by anything else I experience daily.

I like a cold room when I sleep...generally, I keep my house at about 68 degrees, if I can, while I sleep. (Lately, with the winter setting in here in KC, it's been averaging at about 64, I've noticed...) I also run a fan in my room for white noise while I sleep. So it stays pretty chilly in there. When I get up in the middle of the night, I make a concerted effort to remember to cover the spot I'm leaving with my comforter, so that when I climb back into bed it hasn't lost the heat I left behind when I got up. So when I climb back into bed, and slide into my super-soft sheets and under my more-than-comfortable comforter, it's the best feeling in the world. EVER.

That is just one of my favorite things. :)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Awww... I keep my house a little cooler (55 night, 62 day), but without the fan. I use the TV to go to sleep with - sleep mode set so that the noise stops when I think I'll be asleep and I can get some sound sleep.

Bonus: Snuggle-buddy!!! The only thing better than what you describe is to get back into bed with another warm body to snuggle up against.