Thursday, November 04, 2004

Galldurnit.

PMS has kicked in early this month, it seems. I'm indecisive, feeling extremely moody, want to eat my house, and am hating everything. It's not pretty inside my head this morning...not at all.

I had weird dreams to start my day. They involved me driving a white truck (???) home from work, and trying to find an alternate route home. I think this has to do with the fact that my usual route home was all blocked up last night with some sort of church thing being let out during rush hour, so there were about 200 cars trying to exit this little parking lot onto the street I drive home on (which is only 2 lanes wide), and people were letting them in, which was pissing me off, bcause, dammit, they're interrupting my drive home, and making it a FUCKING mess. I was mad. Anyway, so I think the dream had to do with that, because I'm worried that it'll happen again tonight. And I don't want to drive home that way if it's going to happen again. But I also got the idea that I was searching for my perfect man in the dream, too. Which was very strange because I don't think I have any idea in my head that I will somehow find the perfect man by (a) driving around town in a white goddam truck, or (b) looking for him on my way home from work at night. So, yeah, I don't get it.

I essentially woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I'm tempted to quit my job, but then I wouldn't be able to qualify for unemployment, so I'm trying to figure out how I can get fired, maybe. I don't think it'd be all that tough, really. There are a few things I'd love to say to the new boss and his old assistant that I'm sure would at least get me written up. But I really want to find a good job lead before I do something like that. Although I'm sure I'd be able to head over to my regular temp agency, and they'd probably be able to help me out. I don't have enough in savings right now to be frivolous, though. And I need to go home for Christmas, and I have presents to buy, and facial products I need, and I really should buy some new shoes because, damn. And I like being able to go to the Blue Moose and blow $50 every weekend on food and drinks (ok, this last weekend, that's how much I spent...I don't think I do that every weekend, but I bought a couple of drinks I don't usually buy, so that's what I'm thinking happened there...), so I don't want that to have to stop.

I have a lot on my mind, is all. I'm trying to take it a half-day at a time.

I need an exciting incident to be written into my life right now. Can someone help me out with that, please?

4 comments:

lyn said...

yeah, quitting is not a sound idea.

but buying shoes is...you can never have too many pairs of shoes.

Anonymous said...

No don't quit until you have something lined up. You know my situation and I'm STILL looking and just today got yet another rejection (damn it to hell). I have tons of experience, excellent references and some college education. I'm not applying for jobs that require a degree so what the fk is going on here?? Too many damn people looking for too few damn jobs!! So if I were you I'd start looking, find one then quit - or else you'll end up with my fk'd up situation and you SOOO do NOT want that!!
At least I have a date (no 2) this weekend. Something has to be going may way let's hope this is.

~Cheri

Faith said...

Like I said, I can't afford to quit. The only way I'm going is if they fire me. Really, cannot afford to quit. I kind of have a mortgage I have to pay. So, thanks...I'm cool.

But really, the temp thing in the past has been very good to me. If anything terribly sudden happened, I'd definitely head over there, and give them another go. Since I have no children to have to take care of, and I'm a healthy adult myself, I can go for a good long time without having to worry about benefits. Temp jobs have given me the opportunity to check out new industries, and to see if I like working with a team of people. It's how I got the job I'm in now. And had it not changed so drastically over the past couple of months, it'd still be a pretty dreamy place to be. Damn the new boss...

Mark said...

I started at my current job with a temp agency for 2 years - then finally hired on by the company and have held several different positions within my field. Now I'm looking to get into a new one - but it requires a certification. That's cool, because I have a lot of OJT, experience, etc... but no certs to back up what I know.

I've been through some rough times out where I work. All I can say is that times do change and you can end up better for having been through some tough times. I know I learned a lot about myself during my tough times.