Monday, November 22, 2004

I love it when you pout...

Not really. On Saturday, I went to watch some football at the Moose. Talked with my bartender friend for a good part of the first hour I was there, since I was the first of the group to show up. Then Dave came in. We chatted, I asked him if he wants me to leave him alone all together, since I can't figure out what the hell he wants to do, and still got no definitive answer. And then the bartender friend changed the channel to the big screen, as some other people in the bar wanted to watch a different game than the one that had been up. Ok, never mind that it was (a) a game that no one cared to watch except for the table of 4 women that asked for the channel change, or (b) that the game that HAD been on the big screen was the Auburn vs Alabama game, and it was a doosy, or even (c) that the women who asked for the channel change then continued to talk to each other, not even looking at the big screen once after the channel change was made for them. The main problem? The sound in the bar is attached to the sound for the big screen. So when the game was changed, Dave could no longer hear the sound for the game he wanted to watch. (I was focussed more on the Cal vs. Stanford game, and I don't give a flying crap whether I can hear a game or not...it's just important for me to watch it, really...)

Dave then proceded to FLIP out. He had just gotten a new beer, so he took a couple of swallows, and then asked the bartender friend why the hell she changed the channel. She told him about the table full of women that had asked for it, and then walked away, because she was dealing with her barteder duties, of course. And so Dave started mumble-whining about how apparently being a regular meant NOTHING in this bar, etc, etc...I suggested that he tell the friend bartender what his issue was, but he just slapped down some money, and walked out of the bar without saying goodbye.

The friend bartender came back after a couple of minutes and asked if Dave had left, and I said yeah. She wanted to know if it was because of the t.v. thing, and I said yes. I told her he had a good point...I'd been watching the chicks who'd asked her to change the station, and they weren't even watching the game at all. The friend bartender said, "Well, why didn't he say something to me?" I told her I don't know why...because he's an ass? She called him a baby, and swore that the next time she sees him she's giving him shit about it. I don't know though...I tried calling him and he wasn't answering his phone, he didn't answer his door, and even when I called last night to see if he was ok, and to let him know we'd be watching the Chiefs game at the Moose (we had been considering going to another bar, but it was decided yesterday to just stick with the Moose...), he still didn't answer his phone. He could have been out, but I've known the guy for about 5 weeks now, and he's always home on Sunday nights. (Probably didn't help much that I called him a baby in one of the messages I left him on Saturday. I was feeling playful, which is never a good thing...but you know what? He DID behave childishly, so I think it's good someone told him so...so there. Hmph!)

So, big baby it is. Needless to say, I'm not very attracted to him any more. :) But I do like watching games with him still. I hope he shows up tonight, and lets the whole thing go. Doesn't matter...should be a full bar, my other friends are going to be there for sure for at least the first half, and I really like them. They're sweet people...

I really hope to meet a non-ass guy relatively soon. *sigh!*

9 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

Ohhh, sorry! All the single, available, non-ass guys have all migrated to Southern California.

If you THINK you are a non-ass type living anywhere other than SoCal, please keep your comments to yourself. Faith should move BACK to SoCal to meet one of the non-ass types I am referring to. =P

lyn said...

wait, there are plenty of assholes in so-cal too. though i think i have cornered the market in s.d.

eh...you'll meet more boys watching football. and that's a good thing :)

FaithsTwin said...

Hey Lyn, can't you tell when a Twin is trying to lure her Twin back home to be closer to her? Assholes or not, I would love for Faith to live closer than she currently does. However, I am fully aware that she is VERY happy where she is, rampant assholes or not. *sigh*

Faith said...

Ok, Twin, you KNOW we do better when we're far apart anyway. I stay here for your own personal safety. (Remember the binder/wrist incident of '82? Or whenever the hell that was? Yeah, I'm sure I still have some of that old twin still lurking within waiting to pounce again when taunted properly...mwahahahahaha!!!)

I like another regular that goes to the Moose, too. His name is Trey. He's cute. :) Right now, I'm just lookin'. Especially after Saturday when he approached the table I was at to chat with the girls that I was hanging out with (apparently the one girl and Trey used to ride the bus together to school...she said he's a super-nice guy), but I didn't have the balls to introduce myself, or anything. The girls I was sitting with were those beyond pretty types that are really cool people? So I was feeling a bit off-mojo. Plus, I wasn't even feeling pretty at all. I looked cute, but I was wishing I'd done something better with my hair. SOOOOO, I'm saving Trey for another day. Heh.

FaithsTwin said...

*humph* whatever.

Trey? You get the CUTEST names!!! Ok, but what is up with the "We used to ride the bus together" shtuff? To school? To work? To the funny farm?

Good luck with that. It's diet cokedie time!

Anonymous said...

as usual, i had a comment all thought out... and then i read your little chickie banter in the comments, and promptly forgot it.

Julie said...

Cut Dave loose! You are FAR too cool to be wasting emotional energy on him.

Mark said...

Umm... I'll sit here and respect Twin's wishes. :p

I'm sitting at home watching the game tonight instead of working. I didn't aggresively treat this bug I got and so it knocked me out... But watching the Chiefs is pretty nice in HD, instead of catching it on the internet like I would be at work. =D

I was wondering if you were ever going to cut the baby loose. Doesn't the guy know how he is behaving, and it's not a cool way to be? I guess it makes his life exciting?

Twin - er... look away. ;)

I've not been called an ass that I'm aware of, but have been told I have a nice one...

bar supply said...

Really enjoyed your Blog. I'm going to see if you have more information about retaurant bar supply later.

Thanks for the information. Keep it up.