Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I'm on a roll...

The co-worker told me about this one. I had to post about it because, well, just read the story.

Those chicks need to go hang out with Kobe Bryant's accuser. Maybe she'd buy them a koala, or something.

Is it so hard to have some sort of common sense/slight level of intelligence? I've known some less than smart people in my life, but as far as I know, none of them have been at this level. Ok, really, I've only known one person that I would think might be as dumb as the girls are in the story I linked to. We dated for a short period of time when I was 16/17. I had to break up with him because he constantly said he didn't understand what I meant when we talked about normal, everyday things. When we broke up, guess what he said? That's right! "I don't understand..." AUGH!! Anyway, he was pretty stupid. But he was one hell of a kisser, and he was the first boy that ever went down on me. TMI? Eh, what do I care? Our relationship was the product of me walking up to him in the hallway and asking him out. (I passed him every day on my way from history to geometry. He drove me mad with his cuteness...I just had to say hello, even though I'd never met him before and we'd never spoken to each other ever.) Since then, I'm very wary of just walking up to a guy I think is cute and asking them out. You really just cannot tell how dumb they are just by looking. He was nice, though. Very nice. So that was a good thing, I suppose.

Anyway, this story disturbed me because what girl, no matter how old you are, thinks it's ok for someone to behave as this guy did? I know the story only mentions the age of the girl who actually reported the issue to the authorities, and the other girls might have been significantly younger, but I started learning about sexual abuse when I was pretty young. I had a pretty firm grasp on it by the time I was 10, and I figure that if someone did to me when I was 16 what this guy did to these girls, I would have slapped his face, kicked him in the nuts, and calmly walked to another place of business near by where I could call the police on his ass.

What really shocks me is that he apparently had these girls sign a document before they started working for him that basically warned them of the creepiness that lay in store for them. Shit, ladies!! Go to another place to find a job, would ya?! And tell someone immediately about the weirdo fuckhead, and what he asked you to sign, because EW!! I mean, come on!!! Am I wrong to feel the way I do about this? Please, tell me what you think.

7 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

dude, you really should post the story about the guy in the lion den telling them they needed to find Jesus.

This, however, made me cock my head a little and say, "Hmmm..." Indeed those chicks are a little on the "Take this hammer and hit your head with it." "Ow." "No, harder." "Oow." "No, HARDer." "Oowww."
side of things. Pretty sad for them. Wait, no, sad for their PARENTS, really.

Lushy said...

Oh, dear god. I work at an employment defense law firm. I have seen some pretty stupid people on both sides of employment. But this? How dumb do you have to be to 1) create a document like that; or 2) sign a document like that? Even if it was your first job, you learn that you sign things like I-9s, receipt of handbook, blah blah blah. But "bust my behind however he sees fit?" Where do these people come from? Who wants to work at a shaved ice stand so much that you would sign that? :shakes head in disbelief:

Anonymous said...

i don't see what the big deal is. i mean, sure, he spanked them... but he's a "very Christian" person, so he must be good, right?

did you used to watch that show "Just Shoot Me"? there was one ep where Joe Roggan played Maya's dumb boyfriend... he sounds like the guy you dated.

Julie said...

What's really funny is this could be the setup for a totally hot fantasy scenario. (Ok, you already guessed I was a little odd.) But who wants this guy ANYWHERE near her sex life?!

"One of the women told police that on her first day at the Tasty Flavors Sno Biz, Levengood made her sign a statement that said: "I give Gene permission to bust my behind any way he sees fit." "

Where's the boss who looks like Hugh Grant, commands that I must wear stockings and heels to work every day, and takes me back to his office for a little English "discipline" when I do something wrong? Cuz I'd sign a waiver for that, let me tell you.

Mark said...

lol I do find this pretty humorous. Yup - signing a waver like that would make me question what was up. But hey, if it was a lady hiring boys, do you think the boys would complain about being spanked? "Common mama!!!" Or would they say "mistress of pain?"

I wouldn't stand for any of that, but there are some that would - obviously. One year? I wonder what his turnover rate was (no pun)? There may be a lot more girls out there that could join the lawsuit.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Christmas Day falls on December 25. It is preceded by Christmas Eve on December 24, and in some countries is followed by Boxing Day on December 26. Some Eastern Orthodox Churches celebrate Christmas on January 7, which corresponds to December 25 on the Julian calendar. December 25 as a birthdate for Jesus is merely traditional, and is not thought to be his actual date of birth.G'night

Anonymous said...

Happy new year !-!
o:)))))