Monday, November 01, 2004

Is it the flu? Or is Rumplemintz just that evil?

I'm home sick today. And after going into my work e-mail to check some stuff out, and make sure there weren't any huge fires burning, I realized that I'm awfully irritable as well. Bleh. The flu sucks.

I had a great weekend, though. So at least it waited until today to get me, and I appreciate that very much. And, as I said in the title of the post, I did do a parting shot of Rumplemintz at the request of my bartender friend from the Moose before I left the little armpit of a bar we'd wound up at after the Chiefs game was over yesterday, so I'm not sure if it just had a lingering effect or not. I woke up with the chills, was very nauseous, and couldn't sleep after 5:30 a.m., which sucked. So I rolled out to the couch to consider my options, and to try to identify whether I was actually sick or if it was some sort of funky hangover. Regardless, I was not going to be able to make it in the office for the first part of the day. So I made some tea, and crawled under my fave blanky, and called my co-worker to make sure she was ok, and would be ok to be at the office. I'm thankful that I can do some work from home, since my job relies so much on communication via e-mail. I'm sitting here in my robe and slippers right now debating whether I should try to take a nap. I haven't been able to sleep all day. Which sucks.

So, I'm going to go now. I am feeling much better than I was this morning, but this monitor is starting to bug my eyes, and I can feel a headache threatening to come get me again. I'm sure I'll be much better tomorrow. I hope so anyway, since after reading through this post, I realize it's sort of all over the place, isn't it? Probly only makes sense to me...sorry! Tomorrow, I will be well enough to make sense. I hope. :)

5 comments:

Lushy said...

Rumplemintz is evil. It is the Froo-it of the Deveel. It opens the door to let all his little germy friends that want to attack you in. Hope the germies have a very short life span and you feel better soon!

lyn said...

yucky. rumplemintz will do that to you.

feel better!

FaithsTwin said...

sorry you don't feel well, dude! I don't know what Rumplemintz is, but apparently it sounds like it isn't very good for you...

Hope you feel better after some good rest.

Anonymous said...

Rumplemintz? A fairy tale inspired shot? That sounds more freaky than a slippery nipple. Yeah, I'm clueless about mixed drinks. Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

Peace,

Tony

www.tonyskansascity.com

Anonymous said...

Rumplemintz is the nectar of the Gods! You obviously are not prepared for Heaven. Try it with Hot Chocolate next time. Ummm Yummy!