Thursday, November 11, 2004

There'll be some good days, and there will be bad days...

And then you have the good with the bad mixed in. This is one of those days. I'm exhausted for some reason...I had a dentist appointment that I wanted to sleep through, but it's impossible to do that, so I'm just glad that they were running a bit late, and I was able to rest my eyes a little while I waited for them to catch up before I went in for my cleaning. (Which, btw, I think I'm the only person on the planet who looks forward to visits with the dentist. I love mine...he's a sweetie, and they LOVE my teeth in that place. I'm a grinder/clencher, but that's really my only issue. Otherwise, because I floss regularly, and I brush every day of course, my teeth are in good shape, so they are really nice to me when I go in there...not that they'd be mean to people with gum disease or cavities, but it's just nice to hear them gush about how easy my mouth is, I s'pose. :)

Dickhead is being helpful, but allusive. I asked him if I could park at his house while I fly home for Christmas, and if he could give me a ride to the airport maybe. (It's $5 per day in the economy lot...I'll be gone for 7 days. That adds up, you know?) In response, he sent me a coupon for $5 off of the economy parking which I can use if I park there for 3 or more days. Great...thanks. Jerk. So I send him back a note that asks if that means that even if he's available and in town, he isn't willing to give me a ride and let me park at his house? (Keep in mind, he lives about 15 minutes from the airport, and works in that area too...so it wouldn't be something that would be making him go way out of his way or anything...) He sends me an e-mail that says "coupons good. parking bad." It was a forward of a friends and family coupon for The Body Shop. 25% off of my total purchase on Saturday and Sunday this week. So I wrote him back and total him he's insane, thanked him for the coupon, and said that I guess the "parking bad" comment is his way of saying no to helping me out when I fly home for Christmas. I also made the comment that it's just like a man to communicate the way he is right now, which I know will make him laugh/slightly piss him off, because one of our running arguments is the whole men vs. women and how we're different in how we react/what we think/the way we deal with similar situations. Whatev. I'm focussing my energy elsewhere right now, I think...

So it's a very blah kind of day thus far. My brain is slow...so I won't torture any more than I already have.

10 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

BORED. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

It's C-W. All I can say is ugh. I will think of a better name when I cool off. Also I love going to the dentist too. I have great teeth as well. Do you think we can be the teeth twins. You know since you do have some Jam....heritage and all.

lyn said...

why are men like that? totally infuriating.

oh, and how long will you be home? any chance you'll want to hop down south to say hi? i'm having a big party for my bday on the 29th.

Faith said...

I'll be there from the 22nd through the 28th. So I won't be there for the party! Damn. Maybe next time, eh? :) We should definitely try to get together while I am there, though. Maybe on Thursday night, or something. I'll keep in touch with you about it...

And I don't know why men are like they are. However, if you try to discuss it with Dickhead, he'll explain that it's not a "male" trait to behave as he is. HA! He's such a dope with a teeny-tiny mind sometimes. We had a loo-hooong conversation about it when he came over last Saturday, and I kept having to say to him, "Would you open your mind? You are NOT always right, you big jerk!" (Sexy pillow talk, eh? Aww yeah!) He just behaves so infuriatingly...which, IMO, is SUCH a man-type thing to do. But he must think I'm infuriating with all my talk about how girls are vs. how boys are. I don't know. It drives me buggy sometimes...

lyn said...

oh, that's the way to convince him...."you're not always right".

no, the trick is to make them think they are right by making them think the way you want them to. tricky, but effective, i'm telling ya.

bummer you won't be here for my party, but yeah, we should try to get together. even if i have to meet you up in the o.c.

Mark said...

Strange guy... Even when my last gf and I were on the downhill side of our relationship, I still took her to the airport (I live 15 minutes from it too). But I was still hoping for some spark that was never there on her side.

Why a man would not want to take care of a woman when she asks for something so simple is beyond my comprehension. If he sees how upset you are with his not being able to take you to the airport and if he has some legitimate reason not to take you, then depending on how serious the relationship is he could at least offer to pay (or partially pay) for the parking. But never ask him for money (a pet-peeve of mine). But you might be able to work some of that womanly charm to get him to think it was his idea to help you out (beyond the coupon).

Of course, my thinking is a throwback to another era when men enjoyed taking care of a woman. I realize that there are women out there now that don't need someone to take care of them. I'm struggling with coming to grips with this "new" thinking.

I actually look forward to my teeth being cleaned too - I have a very cute girl that does it. I often think I'm in the wrong line of work, because the 2 dentists I know are the only men with about 10 cute girls in their combined offices. Though they all are either married or have bfs.

Faith said...

He's not my boyfriend, Mark. He USED to be my boyfriend, and now we just sleep together every now and then. He's an on-again/off-again friend, really. Which is why I call him "Dickhead". I would never, ever refer to a current boyfriend as a dickhead.

But thanks for the advice!

Mark said...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought you were mad at him, thus the dickhead useage. I did feel like I was coming in the middle of a conversation.

And that also explains his attitude a lot better. I can understand where he is coming from. The only question I have left is who broke it off? From my experience so far, it is the one that broke off the relationship that doesn't want anything to do with the ex. Though a guy would more than likely be willing to see a girl just for sex. More than that, and the relationship foundation/building would have to be there for the guy. It's like, "I'll agree to sex because it is enjoyable, but I don't want anything more than that because that entails work. I'm not willing to work on the relationship."

I've never allowed myself to be in a relationship that was just to be a boinking buddy, but can understand why one would want one. It's just not what I'm looking for. My friends back home don't understand that, but I can forgive them their lack of understanding of my values. I'm kind of like "Good Will Hunting" to them, but wise enough to know I wouldn't find what I wanted in life back there.

All my previous relationships have been pretty clean breaks - we hardly ever saw each other again and never had sex after that final boink before/at the breakup.

I like to say "boink", because it is fun to say! =) Well, more fun to do, but still fun to say.

Faith said...

Well, since you asked, I broke it off originally. Because our relationship made me unhappy more than happy for the most part. So even though I knew he cared for me, it wasn't enough that he said it. His actions didn't prove it, if that makes any sense at all. He's a wonderful guy...but he's still always going to be Dickhead to me. (Plus, he's great in bed...rawr!!)

Just go back and read through some of the posts in my archives. That'll catch you up relatively quickly, I'd think. And not to brag, or anything, but I hear they aren't all that boring of a read. If you like a little dry wit, bitter rants, and general mish-mosh about the world of KC, etc..., then you should enjoy some of what I've said in the past few months. Some call me "bitter and pathetic". I just see myself as being a normal girl sharing her experiences with whomever is interested in hearing about them. If it's seen as being bitter and pathetic, then ok. I'm happy with my life, and I have a generally good time all around. But don't feel sorry for me. I get some on a regular basis, I have a few friends that I love to chat with/share my life with, I have a great family that I can't wait to see during the holidays...I'm good. Just because my luck with men has been less than stellar over the past year does not mean I'm pathetic. Bitter? Sure. But I ain't pathetic, IMO. Hope you enjoy my blog a bit!

Mark said...

lol Sounds almost identical to my last relationship, and she broke it off with me. I think a lot of it was that I didn't show her how much I cared for her, much like your ex. I tried to do some little things, but I guess it was a little too little, a little too late type of thing. We never had any fun after the breakup and less than a year later she ended up marrying a guy that could have been my complete twin (according to a mutual friend) - down to the same type job, humor, personality, looks, and first name. That did a number on my psyche.

Everyone has a story to tell, and often it isn't as boring or dry as they think it is. Dry humor - I like it! =)