Monday, December 06, 2004

Just a *little* behind...

Ok, I'm back home, after a whirlwind trip back to California for my grandma's funeral, a visit with my family, and some relaxing time. Unfortunately, as seems to be the norm these days, I got sick while I was gone, and while it seemed like it was going to be a simple little case of laryngitis as of yesterday, I woke up quite stuffy-headed in the middle of the night, and now I have a full-blown cold. It sucks.

So today will be spent making up for the lost time at work from last week. I've got reports that are past due, a conference call at 10, and lots and LOTS of e-mails to shuffle through. So I might not be posting again until tomorrow, or so. Sorry to be such a bore around here lately, really! But I do want to say thanks to those of you who said kind things in my comments last week after I posted about my grandma's passing. I appreciate the support! The funeral was mellow...a nice mass, a lovely day out for the burial, and lunch with the family afterwards. It was good to see everyone again. Although I can't imagine I'll be seeing much of them ever again, which is an odd thought, really. Less occassions to get together as we get older, and they're all so spread out and everything. It's fine with me. I like to deal with my immediate family, for the most part. Cousins and aunts and uncles and all that never really made me feel all warm and cozy. Except for a couple of people on my dad's side of the family.

Anyway, I'd better be off. Just wanted to say thanks, and hopefully things will return to normal around here very soon. Because I DO have ranting that needs to be done, and funny stories that need to be told. Dammit. :)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Welcome back, Faith! :) Sux to hear that you got sick, but at least you had a good time anyway. Can't wait to hear the stories, but I understand about being behind, so get your behind ahead so you can relax again at work. =)