Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Karma reversing?

Dickhead called me again tonight...he's driving to southern Kansas tonight, and wanted to know if I wanted any "company" before he headed out of town. (That's his code phrase for telling me he's horny and he needs some lovin'.) Unfortunately, I'm not feeling it toward him right now. Not only did I have plans to meet my bartender friend for a drink before she heads home for New Year's tomorrow, but I have 3 loads of laundry to do (good Lord...that's THREE! loads, I said!), and I need to wash my hair, which can't happen until tomorrow morning, because one of the loads of laundry is towels, and I'm not showering and drying my hair after 9. Well, maybe I'm not...if I shower tonight, that means I can sleep in tomorrow. Hmm...

Dave then called while I was out with the bartender friend. Wanted to know if I was watching the Colorado game (which I was), which he assumed I wasn't, since I wasn't home. Hm. Here's a guy I hang out with primarily at a bar while watching football. Why he thinks I might be doing something OTHER than hanging out at a bar watching football if I'm not home to answer my phone is beyond me. Anyway...I called him back, and he wanted to know if I would come over. I said I couldn't, because of the laundry and the need to shower, etc, etc...But I sure wish I could. Man...it's hard to say no when you don't wanna. Dammit.

I called Dave back a couple of minutes after I hung up the phone, and it went right into voice mail, so I left him a message asking him if he'd want to watch the Cal game tomorrow night. Because that's something I'd definitely be up for! I don't think I should watch it alone. Cal. Must. Go. DOOOOWWWN!!! Hopefully, he'll be up for that. We'll see.

It's too bad Dickhead isn't into sports the way Dave is. He'd be a better man for me if he was. But I told him that if he needs a place to crash on Friday, I'll likely be home. He's going to some party a little southeast of here, and while he's not much of a drinker, I'd feel much better if he agreed to stay in my part of town with either me or his best friend (whom we shall call "Bitch" from here forward...) rather than drive all the way home. My night will end at about 9 at the Moose, it seems, unless Dave steps up and asks me to hang out with him. He's getting better at it, I think. Tonight, when I called him back after I first got home, I told him what I was up to, and then started to say goodbye. He said, "So that's it?" I said, "Ummm...how was your day?" I didn't know what he wanted me to say! Turned out he was fishing for me to invite myself over. After we talked a bit more, he finally asked me if I was going to be able to hang out with him. I had to turn him down, though. Not only do I need some "me time", but I look like utter hell, and I really have to get the laundry done. Really.

So I'm feeling a bit out there tonight. I know that Dickhead's was just a booty call phone call, but usually it's me calling him for it, so that was a nice change. And if Dave was looking for more of what we had last night, then we're on the same page. And I think that not being available to be there every time he wants it (just like he's been doing to me for the past 2 months, FYI...) is a good thing overall. Last time he showed me attention for a couple of days in a row, I got carried away with it, and it really messed things up. So I'm not going to fall for that this time. Nuh-uh...

I think I'd better go switch the laundry. It needs to get done. Seriously. G'night!

No comments: