Wednesday, December 08, 2004

On my way.

Before I went to sleep last night, I begged The Cold to be 80% better today. I wasn't asking for a miracle...I just didn't want to feel as crappy as I did all day yesterday again. And it worked! Sort of, anyway. I woke up today feeling what I would consider to be about 60% better, which is better than nothing, IMO. So, yay me!

I'm still deep in the throws of PMS, though. That should only last a couple more days, though, and then I can drink this weekend, and make it aaaalllll better. :)

This morning, a customer called here looking for info on a home equity line of credit. It was only 8:05, but I answer the phone if I'm here, regardless of what time it is. (We technically don't open for business until 8:15...) I told her that she would need to contact a branch location, and offered to give her the Overland Park office number. She sort of sat there for a second, and then said, "I live in a ground-contact home." I didn't understand her at first, and asked her to repeat herself, which she did. When I heard what she said, I informed her that she had contacted an administrative office that had nothing to do with loans, and told her that I wouldn't be able to assist her with her questions since I know nothing about loans myself. I asked her if she'd like to have the number for the Overland Park office again, and she said she supposed so. I gave it to her, and told her she would need to wait a bit before calling them, because our hours are 8:15 to 5:15, and it was likely that the after-hours voice mail would still be picking up. She thanked me and hung up.

Less than 2 minutes later, and the phone rang again. I answered, knowing it was probably the new friend that had just called a bit ago. It was a hang up call, but I know it was her.

A couple minutes later, my co-worker arrived. I explained to her immediately the frustrating and weird lady that had called, and as I was finishing up, the phone rang again. I just looked at it, and my co-worker answered it. Sure enough, it was the lady again. My co-worker told her she couldn't answer her questions, and gave her another branch number, this time to the location in Lenexa.

I shit you not, the phone rang again about a minute later. I let out a little scream, and my co-worker, who does NOT have PMS, and is feeling much more patient than me this morning, answered and told the lady (yes, it was her) that she was probably getting the after-hours recording at all locations because their clocks hadn't hit 8:15 yet. Yes, even though the lady's clock at home was reading 8:22, it was possible that the clocks on the phones in the offices were not quite on the same time schedule.

CHRIST!!

My co-worker thinks that the lady wasn't all "there", really. She sounded funky to her. I thought she'd sounded a bit back woods, but not necessarily stupid, or anything. Of course, my opinion of her level of intelligence kind of changed over the course of those 4 phone calls, but DAYUM...What the hell? Do the dumb people crawl out of their beds under rocks that early in the morning just to vex me on purpose? DON'T THEY KNOW ABOUT THE COLD AND THE PMS??

That's all for now. The Boss wants a report. I'd better get it together for him. Bah!

3 comments:

Mark said...

*Waves* =) Sounds like it's going to be a pretty freaky Wed... ;)

It is amazing the power the mind has over the body. I can set my "internal alarm" when I go to bed and usually wake up within 5 minutes before the alarm goes off. I also have done a little simple prayer when I can't sleep or can only sleep a short time, but it doesn't always work on falling asleep - but I almost always wake up refreshed.

Lushy said...

Get a SudaCare vapor plug. They sound weird, but I felt so much better after I started using one. I now swear by them. In fact, when I couldn't sleep last night, I plugged one in to help soothe me.

Hope you feel better!

Lushy said...

P.S. - In case you were wondering, I don't work for SudaCare or its parent company. :)