Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Screw it...

The New Boss moved the meeting in Wichita to Monday, and I just can't bear the thought of having to hope my co-worker will show up here at 5:15 a.m. so we can make it in time for the 9 a.m. start of the meeting, so I made hotel arrangements, and she can either go the night before, or show up whenever she damn well pleases the next day. I don't care. I'll be waking up in the hotel where the meeting is located, and that's that. I don't need this kind of stress right now. Not worth it.

Things are busy in the office. I was here until 6 last night, and I was working pretty constantly from about 1 p.m. until I left. At least the morning had been slow. But I think I like it better when it's spread out, you know? I'm still waiting to hear back on several issues that need to be addressed before the end of today from a co-worker in Texas, and THAT is stressing me out. I finally broke down and bought Harry & David crap for all the co-workers I was going to make cookies for, because the cookie plans just didn't go the way I wanted them to, so that's done, at least. Now I just need to find stuff for my local co-workers, and then I'll be in a good spot. I'm hitting Pier 1 tonight. :) I need to send the presents I bought through Red Envelope for the girls in the family to my dad's house tomorrow, so that they'll be there when I get in next week, but as long as I remember to gather them all together tonight, I should be ok to go on that.

And I MUST get my eyebrows done this week. They look terrible. Really...

I'm afraid my exciting life is only exciting for me right now. I'm trying to relax as much as possible in the down time, so I'm not doing anything but walking on the treadmill and then lying around the house when I get off work at night. I'd love to head to the Moose for a drink right after I leave here, but if I do that, chances of getting on the treadmill get slim, and I need to make sure that exercise isn't ignored this week, fo sho. Like tonight...I look cute, so I'd love to run to the Moose right after work so Dave can see me looking cute, and stare at me a bit. Heh. But I must resist. He can stare at me this weekend, dammit.

Man, I really hope that Dickhead comes through with the plans to get together on Friday night. I need that a goodly amount right now, I'd say. I think he might be lucky to just make it through the front door without me attacking him, really. And then we can go get dinner. And then go home and attack again. Rawr! :P

So that's me in a nutshell this morning. Boring, stressed, and very little time to spare for anything other than work during the day, unfortunately. Bleh. Happy Wednesday, eh? :)

No comments: