Thursday, January 13, 2005

Apathy has arrived...

You know what I hate? I hate that I haven't had anything funny posted lately. It's all been about work sucking or about me not sucking Dave (heh...ok, that was kind of funny...), or what have you, and I'm tired of that. But no one has done anything to me that makes me sit up and go, "Oh my God! That MUST be blogged about before I die!" The streets have been quiet, as have been the newspapers...and my life in general. It's just a ho-hum time of year, I guess.

I would think that with this kind of blogging going on, it'd be better to just skip it, eh?

OH! But did anyone see The Bachelorette the other night? Now that was worth watching, my friends. I liked the change in format, and the change in locale, and the many cute men as well as the many retarded men that made it through the selection process. There's a stalker, a stupid Frenchman, and an adorable guy that I think has pulled the fresh wool right over Jen's Marcia Brady look-alike head. Let's see...one guy passed out during the rose ceremony, and then he thought that was the reason that he was sent home (um, honey? No. Yes you may have really pretty eyes, but your head is too large for your body, and those eyebrows! AUGH It's like caterpillars are marching across the forehead!), another guy got completely blitzed on every type of alcohol that was made available to him and then thought that because he kept talking about what "eye-candy" Jen was that night, he was a shoe-in for a rose, and another one hit on her friends-posing-as-"waiters" (um, Chris? They were waitresses, jackass. Even more PC would be to call them servers, but let's at least get the gender right if we're going to refer to them the old fashioned way) I guess because he didn't realize he was on a show where he's supposed to be vying for the attention of the woman he hopes to marry at the end of it all. Eh, he was cross-eyed anyway. Maybe it extends to the lobe in the brain that handles his logical decisions in life.

It was fantabulous, and I can't wait to see this next week's episode in which something bad apparently happens, and the cops get involved. But I can't believe she kept the French guy around! He was just gross compared to some of the other adorable men she sent home. She even kept the A.W. guy which makes no sense to me at all. His eyes are creepy - like a Cabbage Patch Kid, or something. And what the fuck is up with that name? Gah. I hope she figures it out soon, and that this season's Bachelorette goes by quickly. My bets are on Jean Paul, Jerry, and Ryan being in the last 3. But I think Ryan (teacher from Manhattan Beach) will win. We'll see...

3 comments:

Lushy said...

I loved that episode. What a bunch of weirdos disguised in seemingly normal bodies. I am betting that the French guy gets arrested next week. Who do you think it will be?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap - I completely missed it. Didn't even have a good excuse, either.

I'm glad you mentioned that they seemed to have changed things up a bit this season. Now I'll have to add another show to the list....

-Gregg
http://sirvinegar.livejournal.com/

Faith said...

I don't know, Lushy...from the way they're showing the promos, it seems that at least the French guy gets arrested, if not a few more of them.

And Gregg, you should go check out the little synopsis of the show on ABC's website...it's a little bit more inclusive than my run down. ut I'm sure glad I could help.

I would never presume to take over the responsibility of giving a snarky run-down on the show each week like Ms. Pants (at Maison Pants) used to do with this last season of The Bachelor, but I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time I mention the show...it's just too good of stuff to pass up! Must. Make. Fun!!