Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bleh.

Ok, not because of that, you silly people. I didn't even have a chance to try it last night. Because Dave decided to go through one of his weekly mood swings again, and called me to say that he doesn't think I'm attracted to him, and we need to step back and take a deep breath, blah,blah,blah...

I don't feel like going into the details. But I was upset by the things he said, so I called the Twin to chat it out. She asked me, "Why do you even put up with him?" And I said, "Because I like him." Fortunately, she understands what I mean. If she doesn't, then she's very good at pretending otherwise and keeping her mouth shut. Which I appreciate greatly. :) If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's my lesson to learn, dammit. That's what's cool about chatting with the Twin.

I was upset for a while, feeling badly that I'd done something wrong, that I'd fallen short on my duties as the Girl in Dave's Life. But then I realized that this is his issue. I've told him numerous times how attractive I find him, and I told him last weekend that I don't want to date anyone else right now and that I like him a lot.

Unfortunately, that's not enough, it seems. I've been in his position before. The last couple of boyfriends I've had did a lot of "talking" about how much they cared about me, and wanted to be with me. But unfortunately, their actions said otherwise. As we all know, sometimes, actions can speak louder than words. As is clear in Dave's case, he needs me to show him rather than tell him. And while I am more than willing to do so at this point, he has a shorter fuse than I'm used to, and now that I know just how short it is, it's going to be tough to light it again, I'm afraid. Hopefully not too tough...we'll see.

Anyway, I popped a Benadryl or two to help me sleep last night, which they did, and now I'm feeling the effects of the Benadryl hang-over. So I'd better rush off to find me some caffeine. Thanks again for all the advice shared yesterday, folks! I'm hoping it will come in very handy in the immediate future...

No comments: