Sunday, January 02, 2005

Lovely day...

The fabu weekend continues. I'm having just wonderful day after wonderful day, it seems. When this trend ends, it's going to slap me harder than I can imagine, I bet. But it's worth it. Oh so very worth it...:)

Let's see, I stayed at Dave's again last night, and had a really good sleep, which was nice. First we watched Napoleon Dynamite, though, and thoroughly enjoyed it, thankyouverymuch ye who suggested it. It was quirky and silly, and made us both laugh very hard. Oh, but before I went to Dave's to hang out, I had gotten off the phone with him when I pulled into my garage to run in my house and do some last minute gathering of stuff (I took a pillow over to hug while I slept. I love having my own pillow when I sleep at someone else's house...), and while I was rounding the front of my car, I caught my foot on the rug in front of the washer and dryer in the garage, and fell smack onto my knees. It really smarted! But at least I didn't hit my head. So I put some neosporin on the little scraped spot, and then sat for a couple of minutes with my cold pack on them, and then headed out. When I told Dave what I'd done, he immediately made me ice my knees for about a half hour. They were quite numb by the time I finally convinced him that I couldn't stand the cold any more. He really took care of me, though. He's just so sweet when he wants to be, and I like that a lot. *sigh!*

Anyway, somehow we got on the topic of girlfriend/boyfriend crap. We talked about that chick that he had been hanging out with, and he told me that they never slept together, and she apparently had told him at some point after I hung out with her that one Friday night a few weeks ago that I told her that he and I had. Which was an out and out lie on her part. He said she's a druggie, and that she doesn't have custody of her kids, like she'd told me she did. He also said that he found her enormous breast very unattractive, due to their fakeness. He made a point to tell me that he liked mine very much. But he also mentioned that I might have some ickiness to deal with when I get older, though...it was so funny! I don't know why he thought that might be news to me. I told him that I intend to get them lifted and reduced when I'm in my 40's, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem there, I hope. Then he said he's just gunshy when it comes to relationships because his last one ended unhappily. I told him that I could certainly understand that, but that I thought he hadn't been with anyone in over a year, according to what our friends had told me. He didn't really respond to that, but just repeated his gunshy bit. It's not any of my business, really. I like the way things are going right now, and I'm having fun with it. We'll see if anything develops or not. He did have to move my car yesterday morning, since he was leaving the house before me, and he told me last night that he sees that a road trip is going to have to happen, because he'd like to drive it a bit further than just to the end of the driveway. I told him I'd be open to a road trip...

So that's what's going on with me. I just made an icky-huge order on Vic's Secret, because I need new bras, underwear, and tanks, so I can't wait to pay that off at the end of the month, and now I need to brush my teeth and hit the road to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond for a new shower curtain liner (mine is just...well, it's gross) and one of those little storage thingies to stuff plastic baggies into, because they are taking over the tupperware area of the kitchen, and that needs to just stop. And I'm at a loss as to how to end this post. So that's it. Bye. :)

4 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

If hanging out with Dave in this capacity means this many *smiley faces* (holding arms out WIDE to indicate massive amount of smiley usage) I will have to suggest you stay away from him- or GRAB CONTROL OF THE SMILEY FACES!!!

lyn said...

yeah, a bunch of smilies. sigh. though it's a good thing to be happy.

Faith said...

Ok, first of all, smiley faces are my thing. I sign everything with them...even put them on faxes to people at work. So they ain't stoppin'.

Also, there were only *TWO* smiley faces in this post. It's not like they were peppering the entire goddam thing. Meanie. :P:P:P:P

And it's nice to feel like this. So leave me be, dammit. THE SMILEYS WILL CONTINUE! Long live the smileys. :)
:) :) :) :) :)

Naw, really I'll try to keep them in check from now on. I'm glad that things are going well right now, but I don't want to get all icky about it. Because just the thought of being like that makes me want to throw up.

FaithsTwin said...

FINE! be that way. =P