Friday, January 14, 2005

Man, did I piss the gods off good this time.

I think the only way that life could get worse for me right now is if a freak tornado came out of the sky to strike my home, leaving me with nothing.

Turns out the reason Dave didn't want me to come over the other night was because he'd called Boobs on a Stick to come over and give him a "manicure". I haven't seen that bitch in a month, but she came in to the Moose last night just before Dave left, and then after he left she scooched her little ass down a chair so she could sit next to me, and tell me about how her car had gotten stuck in his driveway yesterday morning, because when he went to move it so he could leave for coffee, her key broke off in the ignition. "I hadn't planned on staying there, but..." That was when I excused myself to go to the bathroom.

Eventually Boobarella left, and I was able to confide in the friends that were still there that I was mad as hell, felt like throwing up, and didn't know what to do. I wound up sticking around the bar for a bit, chatting with the bartender friends, and then Bill came back a bit later, and we chatted for a while about random stuff, which was nice. When I got home, I sobbed so hard for about 5 minutes that I could barely breathe. Once I calmed down a bit, I called Dickhead to get his take, and to talk it out. This is where things get even better.

Dickhead lost his job last week, so he's finally making the move to Northern California at the end of the month. I couldn't talk for about 30 seconds after he told me that. I just cannot believe the way things are going for me lately! So I asked him if I would be able to see him before he left, and he invited me up last night, so I went. We'll see each other again before he goes, I'm sure, but I just can't stand the thought of him not being around any more.

So I'm a bit down today. I'm constantly on the verge of tears, don't know how I'm going to handle the Dave situation, don't want to be at work, but don't want to be at home, either...All I can do is pick myself up, and move on, I know. And I will - maybe soon. That cute boy Trey that I've been exchanging looks with at the Moose for the past 3 months was there again last night, and the exchange of smiles continued. Unfortunately, I wasn't much in the mood to make any move last night, but maybe this weekend, if he's there. I don't know how I will keep myself from unhinging on Dave. I left him a message last night telling him that I couldn't believe what he'd done, and he had to know that leaving me alone with doped up Boobitch was going to be a time for her to share her little Got to Stay Over at Dave's House Again story. I told him I didn't know how to handle the info, and that I was very upset about it. But he didn't call me back. Or if he did, then it was after I left to go to Dickhead's house, and he didn't leave a message. But I doubt he called.

I'm just very, very sad today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's time to rename Dave to fucktard or asstwat!! What an idiot. Even if there was no verbal agreement to not fuck anyone else he SHOULD have at least had the decency to tell you before some bitchola did. Dumbass!!! MEN. SUCK. ASS!!!!!!!
~Cheri

lyn said...

dude, that's so lame. what a fucktard.

oh well. on to the next one!

Faith said...

Good idea, Cheri. From now on, Dave shall be known as Fucktard. Brilliant idea. :)

And all I can say is that I sure am glad I didn't sleep with him. I mean, I can't assume that he and Boobitcherella actually slept together, but it's not beyond reason. Am I total ninny for being grossed out by the thought of ever sleeping in the same place as her on his bed? Just thinking about it turns my stomach. I think it's because I know her, and am so disgusted by her. Because I could give a flying shit about who slept in the spot where I slept at Dickhead's house last night. I really think it's because she's such a great big huge twat that it bothers me like it does.

Julie said...

Hold up---didn't Dave get you to not come around (so he could subsequently hang out with Boobatwat) by telling you that he had anxiety you weren't attracted to HIM? Thereby making it "your fault" you couldn't see him?

Perhaps I've gotten the order of events screwed up, but it sounds to me like not only did he do something that was hurtful to you, he put you in a position where he emotionally manipulated you first, thereby setting up a situation where you were "to blame" for his bad behavior.

God knows I've hung around with people who are bad for me, so I know it's much easier said than done....but if I could send you my wish, it would be that you show Fucktard the cold shoulder forevermore.

Faith said...

Yep. That's exactly what happened. I don't know if he did that first (gave me the whole "you're not attracted to me" speech, I mean) in order to feel less guilty about inviting her over, or what. But he's clearly not very evenly balanced, he has issues that he needs to address, and I'm not the person to try to work on them with. Period. He's going to get the cold shoulder, and the cold everything else from me from now on. I plan on being perfectly pleasant when we're hanging out at the bar together with our friends, and I'm not bringing any of this shit up. If he brings it up, I'm going to tell him it's not something I want to discuss at all, and we need to move on.

He made a big mistake. I do NOT have self-esteem issues (not as bad as his, anyways...), and can tell everyone right now that this man missed out on something good. That's his issue to deal with. Because I think I've actually avoided a lot of hurt and ickiness by seeing this side of him like I have seen this week. Uh-uh. I don't play like that. I deserve WAAAAAY better...