Monday, January 31, 2005

Meme, anyone?

It's been a while since I've run across a meme I liked and wanted to put up. Found this one today over at Lushy's place. Thanks Lushy!


High School Senior Year

What year was it?
1991-1992

What were your three favorite bands or musical artists?
Morrissey, Kate Bush, and Peter Murphy. Christ, was I in love with Peter Murphy back then!

What was your favorite outfit?
I can't really remember. I hated wearing jeans, and was sort of in a semi-goth/grunge stage then, so probably my plaid skirt, black sweater, and black tights that might have holes in them or not, depending on the weather. Big chunky black shoes. ("Clunkers" were what my mom called them...)

What was up with your hair?
Long and uncolored as of the beginning of the year...by the end of the year, I'd discovered the wonders of dying my hair red. It was great. :)

Who were your best friends?
Tina and Simon.

Where did you work?
Did I work? Hm...I think that was the year that I started out at a fast food Mexican place (a Baja Fresh-type of deal), and then lost interest in working at all. Really, my school work suffered when I worked, and that bothered me.

What did you do after school?
Went to the library in Laguna Beach to study. Sometimes went to Tina's house to chat and listen to music. Therapy on Wednesdays with Dr. Rad. Tried to avoid the Twin as much as possible, I s'pose. (We weren't in a good place then...see comment on therapy on Wednesdays...)

Did you take the bus?
Not since junior high. My senior year, I was driving the White Monster, a.k.a. a Chevy Blazer we'd had "in the family" for a few years at that point. Drove that puppy straight through the first part of my sophomore year in college. It was the best car...

Who did you have a crush on?
I think Tim Daly was the boy I was hooked on in the first part of the year. And then Simon. I loved my Simon. He was a doll and a half.

Did you fight with your parents?
Oh, hell yes. Although, by the end of the year, I think I was in a much better place with them overall. But I wasn't in therapy for nothing...dad and I were a mess, and my mom just couldn't understand why I had issues with the Twin. Blech. I was really lucky to be able to move out and go to college the next year...

Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?
Josh Charles was a big one for me throughout much of high school. I think I was pretty good and hooked on Kyle McLaughlin back then as well. But no one really stands out, when I think about it.

Did you smoke cigarettes?
Nope.

Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack because you were too nervous to find your locker?
I carried the books I needed, and had a specific pattern as to when I would hit my locker during the day to switch things out.

Did you have a ‘clique’?
Tina was immensely popular that year, and while I hung out with her and Simon lots after school and on weekends, when we were at school, it was usually just me and Simon that chatted and hung out while Tina floated about. But we hung out with the wrestlers mostly. So I'd say the jock clique would be the one that I was hooked into at that point. (I was a Mat Maid...we took stats for the wrestling team and acted as special cheerleaders for the wrestling team at meets.)

Did you have "The Max" like Zach Kelly and Slater?
I hate this comparison. But I guess I'd have to say no. I'm positive we didn't have any one hang out that we always went to. Starbucks in Laguna Niguel? I can't remember, really...

Admit it, were you popular?
Junior year, yes. Something happened my senior year that made everything go haywire, and I wound up dropping out because of it. Finished high school through independent study with the Twin, and graduated in a class of 3.

Who did you want to be just like?
I wanted to be just like who I had been my junior year. I really don't know what happened to change things around. But I have to say that I don't remember looking at any other girl and wishing I was like her. Oh, except Linda Evangelista. She was my idol back then.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
An opera singer. Yeah...that didn't happen. :)

Where did you think you’d be at the age you are now?
I certainly didn't think I'd be in Kansas! When I think back on it, I believe that at that time, I was looking forward to college, trying my hardest to focus on getting mentally healthy again. I wanted to be in control, and to have a good time in life. I didn't (and I still don't) think about anything past a 5 year mark. I'm all about the 5-year-plan.

9 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

I would like to take the opportunity, in case anyone has missed it in the past, to point out that Faith and I have a decent if not totally stable sibling relationship now.

Back then there were issues due to my being twice as spoiled as anyone else (I have diabetes and have since I was 6, so I was treated diff than anyone else) and I was given anything and everything and took a wee bit of attention away from anyone else from our parents. NOT INTENTIONALLY I might add.

Now I rock and Faith and I are on the better end of the family insanity pool. =D

Faith said...

Word.

Hell, it *was* over 10 years ago, you know? I should HOPE that things would change significantly in that amount of time! But since you and I are the only ones writing things on this blog as of late, Twin, I don't think we have anything to worry about with people getting the wrong idea about whether we get along or not in this day and age.

Where the hell IS everyone? :P

lyn said...

nicely done.

and your readers know that you're cool with the twin now. no need to backtrack :)

FaithsTwin said...

Thanks Lyn!

It was either we're cool with each other now or Faith is REALLY good at being two different people on her blog.

But that wouldn't work since you've met both of us. =)

Faith said...

But the meme was about my senior year in high school! I sure hope I didn't confuse people into thinking that the Twin and I don't get along. It was 12 years ago, for heaven's sake! :)

Kevin Jackson said...

Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for caffeine and pregnancy and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where caffeine and pregnancy appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about food poisoning. It pretty much covers food poisoning related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

answer-man said...

Hello just stopped by to view your blog and to let all interested know I am offering free plumbing repair information and safety tips for California residents and all others interested. If you are not interested then please excuse us and please disregard this comment.

For Plumbing Press Release and Free Plumbing Repair Information please feel free and stop by and read and take advantage of our blog info or viist **A-Affordableplumbing.Com** Thank you and have a great day.