Monday, January 03, 2005

Rainy day off. My favorite.

It's rainy and cold today...I got to sleep in a bit, and then went to McDonald's for a big ol' Diet Coke, and now I'm considering what to do with the rest of my day. I told Dave that I was going to balance my checkbook. But other than that, I don't have much of anything planned. I do have The Terminal to watch, so I might do that in about an hour. It's just a nice, relaxed day, thank God.

But the weekend is almost over. And I just want it to go on and on. This is a good week, though. Tonight is the Auburn game, tomorrow is the USC game, of course, and then Wednesday is a new LOST and the beginning of the Alias season. It's just SUCH a fun time to be an avid t.v. watcher. I talked to my brother-in-law the other day about my work issues, and while he agrees with me that office politics suck ass, he advised me to roll with it. Because no matter what, they're going to exist at any company I might move on to. He said that there's something to be said for being able to take emotions out of the work equation. So while it may suck to watch my Old Boss going through what he's going through, and all, if I can just keep on doing the best job that I can do, and not let it get to me, it'll be to my advantage. It seems like that'll be hard for me to do, but I guess there's no harm in trying. This is why it'll be a good thing to be as successful as I possibly can be with the career in voice overs. I think I'll be looking into making my demo sometime next month, hopefully. I'm really hoping I can pull something together for less than $1,500. I guess we'll just have to see. I don't know anything about recording, or how much time it'll take, or any of that, so it could be considerably less than that, really. It could also be more. But I'm going to do what I have to do to get it going. It's time.

It's time to retreat from Dave for a bit, though. He's been the one calling me more lately, and he even came up behind me and hugged me when we were watching the Chief game at the Moose yesterday, which was odd. Especially because he was mad at me, apparently, for not saving him a seat next to me at the bar, he told me later when we were watching a movie at his house. He had seemed a little bit pissed off when he finally arrived to watch the game, and was sitting waaaay far down the bar from the rest of us, but I didn't realize that was what was up. I told him that I hadn't thought about that, and I was really sorry...I wouldn't have known what to say to our friend Rich about it, though. I don't think that Dave wants anything to be public knowledge as of yet...not in such a broad way, anyway. We've been talking openly about hanging out together and all that, so it's not like people aren't able to put 2 and 2 together if they're so inclined. But it's not like we're kissing each other while we're out and about, or anything. So if I'd said to Rich, "Hey man, move down one more seat so I can sit next to Dave when he gets here," it might've seemed a bit odd. Dave said he was over it, and I didn't have to worry. But now I know what to do in the future, I s'pose. I was somewhat disappointed to not have been able to sit next to him as well, but I just didn't focus on it. Plus, all the smokers were sitting down on my end of the bar, and Dave hates the cigarette smoke thing...I think it all worked out for the best, really.

Aaaaanyway, enough of all that. The good thing about going back to work tomorrow is that I'll have something else to focus on besides Dave and football and all that good stuff. My brain gets all fluffy when I feel as happy as I do with what's going on right now, and I just need to stop it. I'm just rolling with it, really...but it's so hard to think that it could all come crashing down again at some point. I don't play games by any means, and Dave knows that I'd like to be in a relationship and that I'd like to get to know him better. So we're on the right track, as far as I'm concerned. I so want to be with someone that hates it when I smoke, so that I have a good reason to stop doing it all together. This weekend was a good one for me in that respect, though. I bummed one cigarette from my friend Renee on Friday night, and then I finally broke down and bought a pack and had a couple last night after the game was over, and Dave had gone home. But I've got about 4 half empty packs in my kitchen junk drawer right now, and haven't been smoking them at all, because I leave them in there when I leave the house. So whereas I usually have about a pack or a pack and a half in a weekend, I've only had a total of about 6 cigarettes over the past 2 weeks. And that makes me happy. :)

I'm rambling now. I'm gonna go hit the shower and then balance the checkbook, and then read some of my book, I think. I really need to pull together all the gift cards/gift certificates that I have right now, and take stock. I have one from last year that my friends gave me for watching their house while they were away, and I need to use it, dammit! (It's for Restoration Hardware, and I want to get new house numbers with it...my house numbers are pitiful little things that people can't see from the street all that well...) I have one for Cost Plus that I used last summer to buy a few bottles of wine and some other junk, but I still have about $32 on it that I can use. I'm just feeling unorganized about them all, for some reason. So today will be my day to pay attention to it, and just be done with it.

I love today. Today is my favorite day so far this year. :P

2 comments:

lyn said...

sounds like a great way to spend the day!

and i am soooo excited about alias on wednesday! two hours!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's my fav day of the year too!! My baby comes home. Ok I should say my boy- but today I'm feeling more like he's my baby. I've missed him soooo much!!
And Wed. tv will rock. Too bad you live so far away, it'd be fun to come over and watch them with ya!!
Ah pooey. :-)