Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Really not a good thing.

Work has become a place where, when I come in every morning, I feel like running screaming with hysterical laughter out the door after about an hour of being here, and then by the time the afternoon has come around, I'm so apathetic about it all, I could give a shit what's going on around me.

Hm. That's not a good way to feel about work, is it?

I know it'll change again, and things will be fine and under control, and the New Boss will learn that he can't make promises that we can't keep, and then expect me to find a way out of it. And he will actually back up his "Hang in there, it'll all be worth it..." comments with some actual incentive for me to hang in there, like a $5,000 raise, or something.

And pigs will fly, and rainbows will actually have pots of gold at the ends of them, and if I click my heels together 3 times while repeating, "There's no place like home..." over and over, I'll wind up in my cozy warm lovely bed in my bedroom in the cute little farmhouse, and it will have all been a dream.

Right now, what I want to do is hang out a bit, and then go to the Moose at 4-ish to start drinking, and then stumble back to Dave's house for some lovin' before bed.

Except I don't really want a drink. How weird is that? :D

Tonight, there is a going away party for one of the managers that used to work at the Moose before the company moved him to another restaurant down south of town. We're going to take pictures and hang out and have fun and it'll be a good time, I know. I'm worried that Dave might not come, even though I'm driving (and staying sober, yes indeedy...), but if he decides to stay home, it's his loss. I need to get out and hang out with people that don't talk about how crappy the New Boss is, and who only care about chatting about random topics like weight gain/loss, how drunk they got last weekend, or whether Joel will go into the bathroom only to emerge a few minutes later with nothing on but a Crown Royal bag over his manhood. (He's done that at the last two gatherings, and I haven't been there to witness it, dammit.)

I just need to get past this floundering feeling at work! I hate feeling like burying my head in the sand every time I come in. And I try not to let it get to me...I focus on one activity at a time, and keep on plugging away, and stuff does get done. But there's so MUCH of it, it seems. And people keep calling, and the e-mails keep rolling in, and the items that need my approval keep piling up. It's out of control, and it's driving me mad.

Better get back to it, though, before the entire afternoon goes to pot.

1 comment:

FaithsTwin said...

Hang in there Dude! I can't say it'll get better, but it seems like you're handling it well...for now.