Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Wow. What a MESS! :)

The city is a mess today. It's all crystally and white and pretty on the surface, but then we have to drive in it, and it just isn't any fun at all...

My drive in to work was successful, though. I took it slow, and just drove very carefully in the grooves that were sort of there to drive in. I only fish-tailed once. :)

Then I got behind Super-Duper Careful Woman. She was going a whopping 5 MPH in the left lane of the street I was on. Ok, I am all for being careful as hell, but that means going about 20 MPH. This woman might very well have gotten stuck, she was going that slow. Why do people even leave their house on days like today if they aren't going to be comfortable driving in the slop?

Anyway, it's cold and getting colder. My mood is low due largely to PMS, I think. I never heard back from Dave last night, and am afraid that I might have pissed him off by leaving him 2 messages. (And in the first one I said he could call me as late as he wanted, "even if you're grumpy." Why? WHY did I mention the grumpiness? Sheit. In the second one, I apologized for the grumpy comment, but told him that he'd seemed angry with me when he left the bar, and I was worried that he was mad at me because USC was winning, and that just isn't fair. I know that he wasn't, and that he just was upset that the team he wanted to win wasn't winning...it'd have been hard for me to watch if the tables had been reversed, I'm sure. But how stupid am I when I call him? I leave him the dumbest messages, I swear...I'm just going to stop doing that. From now on, I'm going to simply say, "Hey, it's Faith! Call me!" And that'll be that...)

I ate bacon this morning. Bacon is perhaps the yummiest thing on the planet, I believe. It was even kind of cold...didn't matter. It was yummy all the same. When I was at my dad's for Christmas, the Twin and her ex-husband made bacon one morning. Her oldest daughter sat next to me at the table, nibbling on a piece at one point, and she said to me, "The fat on the bacon is the best part, I think." Kiddo, there ain't nothin' truer than that statement, fo sho. If only everything could be that simple in life...

Here's to hoping you find the fat in your day today. And that it's yummy...

3 comments:

lyn said...

mmm.bacon.

and why do we leave those stupid messages? you're right, next time, be all about business.

sigh.

bitchbook said...

My 2005 Wish for Faith:

That she'll find a good man who will not make her feel bad or stupid on a regular basis.(Well, that's one of mine for myself ... but I'll gladly share this wish!)

=)

Faith said...

Awww! Sheri! So nice...thanks, sista!

Yeah, I think back to that episode of Friends where Chandler was having a problem with calling a girl and leaving a message on her machine. See, I'm all about the hanging up when the machine answers. Fine with it. Except that most people (Dave included) have caller id these days, and so he can see that I called even when I don't leave a message. So step one for me is to just hang up when he doesn't answer. Step two is for me to then think, "Well, I could at least leave a message and ask him to call..." so I do (which counts as call #2), but in the process I say stupid things like "being a big baby" or "even if you're being grumpy". So then I think about *that* for a little while, and suddenly I feel the urge to call AGAIN (call #3 in a row, for those of us who are counting along) to make sure that my previous message wasn't taken wrong, and to say that if he wants to call, he can, etc, etc...

I'm Chandler's evil twin Faith. Hi. I suck at leaving messages that are off the cuff and wind up using phrases such as "yes indeedio".