Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I thought LAST year was busy...

So far, this year has been full of constant moving, moving, moving. Between trying to figure out what the hell was going on inside of Dave's head, and then finding out that Dickhead was moving, and work issues, I haven't had much time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

Mine and the Twin's birthday is coming up next week, and I haven't had much of a chance to plan for or to think about it. Last year was our 30th, and the Twin came to town to celebrate it with me and a bunch of my friends that I hung out with at that time. Since then, those friends and I have grown apart, and I have new friends that I spend time with. They actually are better friends, I've found. Which is nice. My friend Melinda called me last night to see what was going on, and we chatted about when we would be getting together next (Thursday), and what we're going to do for SuperBowl (dammit, we're just going to the Moose. Because it's easiest! And we like it there...), and the fact that this will be my official "celebrate my birthday" weekend. I just asked for Monday off so I can have a great time on Sunday while watching the game/hanging out, and not worry about having to get up and go to work the next day. I think I might make a manicure/pedicure appointment for that day. But I really might just want to lay around all day and do nothing. It doesn't matter. At this point, I'm looking forward to the weekend. I have a hair appointment Friday night, so I'll look beyootiful in all my 31st birthday pictures that I take, and I'm going shopping tonight to see if I can find a new top/dress to wear that'll be fun. The KU game is on at 11 a.m. on Saturday, which means I'll start drinking at 11 a.m. on Saturday, which is always a good time. :) Actually, I'm rather poor right now, so I'll be keeping the eating/drinking out to as much of a minimum as possible. Splitting the beers I drink up by having Diet Coke/water in between, and not eating at the Moose, etc...I have earned $80 in "coupons" for the KC Hopps restaurants (of which the Moose is one) via the points I've earned over the past few months on their rewards program, so I could cash in my points and have $80 for the weekend to spend there. But the more you let build up, the more you can cash in for later on. I think I might have enough to get $100 by the end of March, which would be cool. We'll see. Dave cashed in 2500 points recently and received something like $700 in coupons, and he owes me, so maybe I can convince him to spend some on me. It'll be tricky, though...

And I don't know why I'm so poor all of a sudden, either! I think it's because I used to put just $40 from each paycheck into my savings every pay period, and then I realized that it wasn't even 4% of my take-home pay that I was putting away, and as a responsible grown up, I need to be putting away at least 10% of my pay every time I get paid, so I upped the amount I put into savings to $110 ever paycheck, and that pretty much wiped me out at the beginning of this month. Also, my natural gas bill at home went from a reasonable $45 for the month of October to a freaking INSANE amount of $125 for the month of November, and December just got worse. I can only imagine what January will look like. I'm so excited. :P Fortunately, they send the bill early enough in the month that I'm able to split up my payments. So for January's bill, I'll pay half of it on the 15th this month, and the rest on the 28th. Because I'm a responsible and resourceful mutha-fucka like that.

But I'll get through it. Getting past the inital shock of having money right after Christmas (because dad gives us cash for our present every year) is always hard. This was the first year I was able to put a good amount of it away, and if I have to chip into it to pay for my Coachella trip (because DAYUM, I am hitting that, baby!!), or to pay for the mirror replacement on my car, so be it. I don't mind. I'm really proud of the fact that I have a cushion to fall back on, finally, that isn't just a little more than $1,000. And it grows exponentially every month with the amount I put in from my paychecks now, so that's a nice feeling.

I still wish there were more of it, though. Oh well. Someday, I'll have everything I want and more, I'm sure. Right now, I need to figure out what I need to do to get it, and then do just that. Such exciting times, these early 30's, eh?

5 comments:

lyn said...

you'll have fun this weekend for sure. make the celebration last, that's what bdays are all about.

and yeah! you're going to coachella. i'm pretty sure i'm going too! we'll have to figure something out for hooking up.

FaithsTwin said...

This took so long to load I can't remember what I was going to say.

Lyn, the Twin and I have decided saturday is the day we would enjoy the most, so that'll be the day we'll have to hook on up!

Faith said...

The Twin and I are dead-set on it. As long as they don't sell out the Saturday tickets (because we've decided to just go the one day...) before the 15th rolls around, then we'll be there fo sho. We will definitely have to meet up while we're there. It's easy to. It's basically a great big open field, and if cell phones are charged up, then we can find each other without issue.

I'm so excited!

FaithsTwin said...

Well THAT loaded in a jiffy!

Ummm, Twin, Lyn will have NO PROBLEM finding us due to our glow we get from how kick ass we are. The kick-ass aura is hard to miss.

I doubt cell phones work out there, you know? We'd be pretty lucky. But we can just tell her, "We'll be in front of blah-blah and THAT'S how you can find us!"

I finally made an appt with a Doctor for the leg/vein issue. It's gotten a bit worse I noticed. Hope Kaiser can figure it out!!!

Faith said...

Jeezy Chreesy, Twin. I'm sure they'll figure it out. And they'll get you into a therapy program that'll help it to stop/maybe reverse some of the effects. I mean, come ON!

I guess my constant nagging wasn't working. Didn't I start bugging you about making the appointment last week? And you finally did it today, and I don't think I've mentioned it in a couple of days? Yeah. Goes to show how much my concern means to YOUR ass, eh? :P:P:P

Don't worry...I'm sure it'll all wind up ok. At least it doesn't hurt, right? That's a good thing. I wish I could be there to go with to the doctor. :(