Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Just a little bitty busy. Not with actual WORK, per se...

So. I was trolling through the Yahoo personals again yesterday, just to see if anyone new has popped up, which they have not, really, but I found Trey! You know, the guy that I sent a drink to at the Moose whom I've been eye-contacting for about 2 - 3 months now when we're there at the same time? So I asked the Twin and the co-worker their advice on whether I should drop him a quick note, and they both said, "Sure! Why not?" And I'm thinking of the whole let-the-guy-make-the-first-move thing that I've pretty much let fly out the window with Trey, which goes against what the recent self-help book told me should be done. But then again, Dave made the first move with me, and we all know how that ended up. *sigh.*

Anyway, so I write Trey a note last night ( as well as another guy that I just wanted to tell I thought was cute, because he is, and I'm not his type of girl, but whatever...he's adorable, and I figured it'd be nice to hear that from people, even if I wasn't interested in dating them), and basically just say hey, and tell him that this might give us the opportunity to get to know each other outside of the bar we know and love, and if he wants to we can e-mail some, or I can pretend like I never saw his profile at all. So he writes me back today and gives me his e-mail address. And tells me I should feel free to write him.

So here I am, again with the fucking ball in my goddam court. But didn't I kind of play the game to start that way? So how do I "play" it from here? That book has me totally confused about what to do. But this is my life, right? I can't live it according to how a book tells me I should, can I?

So, should I:
(a) Write him back tonight, asking him a few questions about himself, and describing myself a bit more in-depth, as I usually would with any other online interest I find? Or
(b) Wait to write him back tomorrow in the middle of the day, just to say hi, and tell him that I'll be at the Moose tomorrow night for $1.50 beer night? Or
(c) Wait to write to him on Saturday afternoon, essentially with the same shit I said I would do in answer "a"? OR
(d) None of the above; you have your own suggestion for me, and you'll put it in my comments...

6 comments:

lyn said...

b. if he shows, he's interested.

FaithsTwin said...

I agree with Lyn. However, he IS a shy guy, and now we see he is into short emails. GOTTA get into a convo with him sooner than later to find out if he is even worth the time and see if he can open up once he gets to know someone better. We don't do well with guys who STAY shy, IMO. We are just too pushy, open and OPPOSITE them.

Good luck with it- at least he didn't freak out about you writing him when you saw his profile!

Faith said...

Will do. Thanks for the advise, guys!

BTW, the other cutie I wrote to (not expecting an answer, mind you, because he says he's looking for a slender, slim, athletic, fit woman...and I describe myself as "voluptuous" for good reason) wrote me back today, too. He said I seem "really cool", and said that attraction for him is based on more than just body type, so my admission that I "work out, but also love to eat" didn't turn him off. Yay! :D

FaithsTwin said...

Yay! Good deal!

Keep an eye out for email with some info in it for ya...

rysolag said...

Hi,

--- www.blogladder.com ---

This is an invite to blogladder.com. You can change the colors at the bottom of the home page; there are 20+ color combos. You can also change the header animations; click the little square in the bottom right corner of the header. Your entries are likely to get more feedback as this is a community blogging site.

Have a nice day - come check us out!

Anonymous said...

uk personals