Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Raspberries...you know, :P:P:P:P:P:P

I've determined that my brain really wants me to be fat right now. Fat as can be. Why else would I ingest as much ranch dressing as possible, french fries galore, and burgers up the yin-yang like I have been lately? I mean, come on! And then my body does the hook-up with the brain, and has me come down with a super-fun cold, so exercise is right out at this point in time. I love it. My body and brain are conspiring against themselves. Maybe I'll have a stroke and a heart attack at the same time if I up my estrogen intake (via birth control pills, of course), and start smoking 2 packs a day. Hmm...

Thing is, I want to work out. Really badly. But the nostrils aren't working, and the energy level and brain function is such that if I allowed myself to get on the tread, I'd probably be thrown off into the wall behind it 20 times before I realized (in my DayQuil Sinus haze), "Heh. Maybe I can't keep up with a 2.8 pace on a 6% incline right now..." The weather is supposed to be ok for the next couple of days. Maybe I can at least get out for a walk on a normal street for a bit tonight and tomorrow. Although, the runny nose in the cold air thing can be a bitch and a half. Perhaps I can just walk slowly on the tread while it's flat, and that'll be ok. I'll give that a try tonight.

It's just so frustrating being sick and having PMS at the same time. I tell myself I'm a fatty one second, and then make all the excuses why it must be so the next. I sleep fabulously one night, and the next night, I wake up every hour feeling like I'm wide awake, and need to get moving. When my co-worker asked me this morning if I was still sick (after I'd croaked out a low "hi" when she asked if I was here), I snapped back at her, "No, I miraculously healed completely overnight," in my croaky, stuffed-up head voice. She turned around and walked out of the room. I feel bad, but it's really rather annoying when you sound as I do, and people on the phone/in person ask me if I'm sick. Really? Really?? What, do I sound like this every day? Jees...

Again, though, the PMS is in high form this month. I didn't break out, which is a sign to me that attitude is going to be where it rears it's ugly head, so I was forewarned, really. (I usually either get zits and the temper doesn't flare, OR I get really, really bitchy and pissy and my skin stays clear. Weird, eh?) I just failed to forewarn the others around me. But then again, I only just noticed it last night, so I really didn't have a chance to warn anyone. And it's not my fault that the first thing my co-worker did was ask me (in my bitchy, pissy opinion, mind you) a stupid question. But hey, them's the breaks.

I'm exhausted from all this typing now. Better run.


5 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

I was thinking about a unique name for a band yesterday. Don't ask why. I've been laid up inside my house for 3+ weeks with this horrid cold. My fantasy world is a WHOLE new place lately.

ANYWAY! I thought, "Raspberries would be a cool band name! Only it wouldn't be the name 'Raspberries' like the 'Cranberries'. It would be the actual tongue sticking out spitting on everyone type of raspberries."

Ha!

Anonymous said...

Ok girl, I know your bday is coming up real soon. Any big plans?? I probably won't have moo-la before the actual day but I intend to pay you back the dinner I owe this month and too celebrate the big day!! K??

Faith said...

I didn't know anyone owed me dinner. And since you're anonymous, I don't know who you are...

I actually don't have any plans for the b-day...It's smack dab in the middle of the week, so I thought I might take Monday off (since it's the day after SuperBowl, that might be a really good idea...), but I'm still fuzzy on that. I might just have a few drinks to celebrate it on Saturday this weekend, but Lord only knows where. Apparently, year 31 is going to be the first disorganized b-day celebration in a long while. It's only fun to celebrate the birthday when they're on the weekends, if you ask me. :)

Lushy said...

You should celebrate your birthday all week! We managed to stretch my 29th birthday into 8 days of celebration and had a blast. We had so much fun, we designated the following week "All Things Scottish" week, and yelled "if it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!" about 40 times a day. We had fun, but other coworkers started to hate us. At least it gave us something else to celebrate. :)

Faith said...

That cracked me up, Lushy! (I'm still giggling, in fact...:)

What can my saying be? "If it's not Jayhawks, it's CRAP!" Nah...

OH! How about, "If it's not Bud Light, it's CRAP!"

Hm. Doesn't have the right ring to it, really.

I'll consider that celebrating all week thing, though. I'm pretty decided as to taking Monday off next week. The New Boss will be off that day, too. So it'll be the perfect time to be out, I think. :)