Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Please, please tell me now...

I'm leaving work early today to go get my white-trash roots done. I'm leaving early to do it because the KU game is on tonight, and I'm not missing a single minute of that shit, beotch.

Anyway, I'm leaving early, and I'm still out here wasting time doing my blogging thang. Can we say apathetic about work? I think we can, indeed...

*****************************************

I noticed I have a new "tick" today. I've taken to hooking my left hand around my left bra-strap/tank-top strap (I rarely go a single day without wearing a tank...I wear them under everything, yo), and resting my hand there while I think/stare out the window at traffic.

It's weird, right? I mean, it was only a matter of time before the thumb-sucking I stopped doing when I was 9 (yes...I was 9, ok? Move on!) reintroduced itself in another form. But this is just plain funky. And I'm pretty sure that my dentist can't fit me for a retainer that will help me stop doing this new hand-hooking thing. I hope I can stop it on my own, now that I've become aware of it.

****************************************

For those that might've been wondering, the spidey is gone. I noticed yesterday morning that it's no longer living in the old spot it had been in for a whole month. I don't know if it moved elsewhere, or crawled under my cabinet to die, or what. But it's not there any more. So, buh-hye spidey! I hope your life goes well for you, no matter where you moved on to...

It's a quiet day. I must get back to the crap now, though...

3 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

Well, now, the worry factor depends...

Are you also squinting one eye and saying, "Arrggghhh," directing your co-workers to 'put up the main sail'?

Faith said...

No...no that's not a problem. So I must be ok, I s'pose. No one else has seen me doing it, I don't think. Really, it's just an oddly comfortable position for me, I've found.

Ok, time to hit the road! Yee-haw! No more roots! (For 3 weeks, anyway...)

zagood said...

geez, about time you got your priorities straight. That spider story was like a month ago.

Sounds like you've got suspender envy.

-z