Tuesday, March 22, 2005

This is a slow, sloooowww day.

I just went in the ladies' room on my floor, and there was a woman standing in there when I walked in. She was just leaning against the stalls next to the right-hand sink, not doing anything, apparently. I peed, and then I came out to wash my hands. I turned my head slightly to look at her, and I smiled, and got nothing back. So, ookaaayy...even more creepy now. She had a pile of clothes next to her on the counter, and there was a 64 oz soda sitting next to the sink I was washing my hands in. Maybe she'd already had one, and she knew she'd have to pee soon, so she was just waiting for it to come? I don't know. I thought it a bit odd, and when I got back to my office, I called our building management to report her. Hell, there's a law office on my floor...for all I know, she's one of the many disgruntled folks out there who are suddenly having a come to Jesus with themselves, and are deciding to shoot people because of their involvement in their divorce suit, or their unemployment suit, or what have you. So the maintenance guy just went in there, and I don't know if he found her or not. It only took me a minute to call the management office, and then I went to look through the window of my office that looks out on the hallway and didn't see her come out.

It was weird stuff.

But, then again, I'm also experiencing a strange rushing sound in my head right now, along with an odd ringing in my ears. I'm a bit dizzy, as well. It feels like I need to pop my ears, but they won't pop. WTF is that all about?

So, the dreadful mistake from the other night has not called me since Saturday, thank goodness. But he did send me an e-mail late last night that I won't be able to read until I get home. Goodie. I can't wait to see what he has to say. I was really hoping the whole thing would just go away. Just disappear and never come back, as though it never happened at all. (Except that most of my friends at the bar saw it happening, and I'll have to answer for it accordingly...really, though, it's nice to have something new to talk about, so that's sort of ok with me. :) But we'll see. I'll keep everyone posted. Because there just isn't much else going on in my life right now. Even this day is just awfully slow. I can't decide what the hell to buy with the gift certificate my brother and his fiance gave me to Amazon, and it's bugging me that I don't have a screaming need for anything in particular right now. (I did find a long black skirt I like and I know I want to buy "Harold & Kumar", so I'll probably get those things...) I need an edger (you know, one of those things that cuts grass up against a fence, etc...), but I do't really want to buy one of those online. I need to see them in person and make a decision that way. Hopefully with the help of a hunky guy at Home Depot.

It's a blah day. Blah-di-blah...time to do some filing. To cement the blahness of it all.

1 comment:

zagood said...

maybe she wasn't there... oooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo...