Sunday, March 20, 2005

Waking up an idiot.

I've recovered well from my Night of Idiocy, I think. The only problem that remains at this point is the fact that I was a dope when I played the name game with my icky date the other night, he managed to figure out what my last name is, he must've figured out that I'm listed, and now he's calling my home phone. Problem there? I don't have caller ID on my home phone. So now I can't answer my home phone at all.

And it's not that I'm planning on totally avoiding the issue with the guy. It's just something I'm considering at this point, really. I might at least send an e-mail. But we'll see.

Yesterday was a sleepy day altogether. Got some yard work done (need to do more today, actually...), napped on the couch, went to the Moose for dinner and to chat with my girlfriends, and then came home and went to bed relatively early. It was nice to wake up feeling refreshed and happy. :)

Ok, it's time to cut tree limbs into smaller pieces, bundle them, and lay them next to the curb. Bleh. Yard work sucks. But it's also very gratifying to look out into the yard and see it looking healthy and clean. So I'll do what I have to do, I s'pose...

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ok, tracking down your home phone when you didn't give it to him? That's a little stalker-esque. Not to mention very poor dating etiquette. But I guess we're already clear on the fact that he doesn't understand much of that!

Ms. Pants said...

Email the bland boy today:

I've always been of the mindset that if someone gives you a phone number, then *that's* the number you are supposed to call, even if you have somehow found another number elsewhere. Please don't call my home line. I gave you my cell number because I have that phone on me at all times.

Then tell him to fuck off.

FaithsTwin said...

Yup, I say what Ms. Pants says. Tell him it was not cool for him to track down your home line. In hindsight Friday night was a bad idea and that you aren't interested in him in the way he thinks you are and tell him to move on.

Jeeze- even Mom wasn't as touchy-feely as it sounds this guy was...and she was a touchy-feely freako!