Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Charlie, would you just stuff a sock in it, please?

Ok, "The Bachelor" has become like watching a train wreck...I actually had my hand poised on the remote last night, wanting to change the channel soooo badly. But something wouldn't let me! Like a magical force that was trying to tell me that this could actually teach me a lesson, somehow. But how, dammit, HOW????

The main character (let's face it, The Bachelor never amounts to anything other than multiple girl/singular boy drama and one-paragraph news reports about 4 - 6 months after the finale that tell us that "they tried to make it work, but wound up going their separate ways, blahblahblah...") called "Charlie" is so annoying with the way he talks that I can hardly stand it. Last night, during one of the little private interview thingies they edit in between scenes of the one-on-one date he had with Slutberley, he said something about her being "hot", and he had this lingering look on his face that made me think immediately of him being a perfect modern-day Lenny from "Of Mice and Men". I cannot imagine being attracted to this type of man, much less to vie for his affections along with several other women all at the same time.

There's a girl on the show that seems reasonably intelligent. Her name is Sarah B., and I think she's cute. Does the cute girl ever get the guy on The Bachelor? Hell no. She needs to save herself the aggro and head out the door ASAP. For some reason, I imagine we'll be seeing her being dismissed next week either after a private date with Chenny, or at the rose ceremony itself. And to her I say, "What the fuck were you thinking going on a show like that in the first place? You KNOW you're better than that, beotch!" I think she'll find herself an adorable, loving, lawyer-type guy somewhere down the road, and they'll raise the perfect little family, and live happily ever after. And she'll always regret having been on the show. She's just too goddammed normal.

Anyway, Chenny bugs. But for some reason, I'm captivated. End of story. (Nothing else interesting is happening in my life right now, to be honest. I'm busy as hell at work, and that's why posting has been sparse. No biggy, I'm sure. But I'll try to have more of a life lined up later this week...)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie....looks and sounds like Huey Lewis of "Huey Lewis and the News" to me.

lyn said...

this has nothing to do with your post, but i can't find your email address...

just wanting to know when you are coming out for coachella. i'm not going to coachella, but was thinking we could hook up for dinner or something before you go or after? i'll drive up to O.C. if I have to!!! e-mail me :)

FaithsTwin said...

I think Charlie ( Chenney...lolol) is related to some actor- he looks like that goofball that used to be a child star and has done some movies lately and thinks he's the shit? I dunno. Jerry O'Connel I think his name is?

LYN!!! NOT going to Coachella!? argh...

Faith said...

Huey Lewis! Good call...very good call. Yeah, it's definitely annoying.

Lyn, you are supposed to be at Coachella. WTF, sista? I'll be sending you a note in a moment.

Twin, Chenney is Jerry O'Connell's younger brother. Which makes no sense to me at all, because he looks about 8 years older than Jerry. And Jerry is much cuter, which is a frightening thought. I think it's their smiles...they scare me with their smiles.

FaithsTwin said...

AAAhhhh, see? I KNEW there was some relation. The voice and that goofy fuckin' mouth- it drives me batty! Basically I don't find him attractive at. all.

To each her own, though. I know guys YOU find cute are like, "WTF?" to me. 'Cause yer a freako and all that. =P

Holly said...

I love Jerry O'Connell's smile! I still haven't watched the Bachelor after the last time I said I was going to.

Ms. Pants said...

I caught 10 minutes of it on Monday. My brain still hurts.

Though I suppose I should be impressed that they're giving the mentally retarded a chance to "connect" with a "soulmate" on TV.

Holy shit, if he didn't step right out of Of Mice and Men....