Friday, May 27, 2005

It's Friday...and I've got nothing else to say.

Well, not exactly nothing else, but you know what I mean. I'm looking forward to a 3-day weekend at this point, is the deal.

Too bad it kicks off with a funeral in the morning. This accident happened to kill the sister of a fabu coworker of mine. Sometimes, you just have to reach out and lend support to someone, even though they have 9 other brothers and sisters to be there with them, as well as probably an entire city that knew and loved this woman for some reason or another. If it were me, I know I'd appreciate my coworkers coming to the funeral mass. (I tend to not go to the burial at funerals for coworkers' family members, though...Unless I know the entire family for a long ass time, that just seems a bit intrusive to me.) I won't say which sister is my coworker, as that would give a bit too much info away about myself, but I can say that she is a kick ass chick, and this just sucks. Sucks, sucks, SUCKS! Say some prayers for this poor family, will you? They just lost a niece about 3 months ago, too. A young one. They so do not deserve this sort of shit...

And that's all I have, really. I'm looking forward to a weekend of sleeping in, working on the house, and Memorial Day marathons on t.v. Because I'm just that cool, yo.

Hope everyone has a fun one, though!

3 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

It's sad that the witness says she just drove right into the intersection as if it didn't exist. I hope that doesn't make the family feel badly. Everyone has moments in their driving when they do things they would NEVER normally do, you know?

Faith said...

The thing is, her sister said that she was clearly on her way to Lawrence to run errands (it's the closest town with a Target, and other stuff like that...), and this wouldn't have been an unusual intersection for her to pass through, NOR would it have been normal for her to be going straight through the intersection. She needed to turn left and head north if she was going to Lawrence. So we don't know what the fuck is up with that.

People do say she was running the stop sign, that's for sure. But were they watching it happen? I don't know. The problem is that she's dead, and the truck driver doesn't remember what happened. Maybe he will, some day, but not now.

Pray for her, k? It's a Catholic mass, so I'll be communing with my people, fo sho. :)

FaithsTwin said...

Are you gonna give them an "Our Father Who Art In Heaven, Fo Sho." ??


I'll be thinking of the family.