Sunday, May 15, 2005

It's nothing that some laying about can't solve...

I overdid it yesterday. I overdid it all. Wa-haaaaay overdone...

Started out by waking up, eating a healthy breakfast (go me), and then got ready to head to the mall. The bosses gave me a nice gift certificate to one of the local malls for Adminstrative Professional's Day, and I'd been planning on using it to buy some new shoes that I've been needing (I have been wearing the same slip on heels for the past two summers, and while they still look pretty ok for the amount I've used them, I'm tired of them). But I don't go to the mall very often, and I really needed to grab a couple of new skirts and a couple new tops as well.

Um, I wound up going nuts. I bought the entire Gap, found some new colors of tank tops at The Limited, and then found some shoes at Nordstroms that will be perfect for the rest of this summer, and possibly next. (Steve Madden, I love thee...)

I actually did pretty well money-wise considering the amount of stuff I got. The Gap had some really great stuff on sale. (I don't shop often...and I cleared out a bunch of old clothes to make way for the new stuff...I'm rather practical when it comes to my clothing-buying impulses. I have to be...because I felt absolutely euphoric after I left the mall yesterday. Ask the Twin...I called her to tell her what I'd just done, and she could hear the excitement in my voice fo sho. If I let myself, I'm sure I could get carried away with that sort of thing much more often, just so I could feel the rush of making such fabulous purchases. Thankfully, I actually worry about being able to pay my credit card bill off within the next 6 months, so I don't go to the mall often. Plus, I have what I need, and I'll wear it often. I don't mind being seen in the same outfit twice or three times in one month, especially if it makes me feel good about how I look.)

After the shopping spree, I came home, ate a healthy lunch, and then I started in on the yard work. I had to mow both the front and back lawn, which took me about 2 and a half hours, due to several little interruptions throughout the work. While I was mowing my back yard, my neighbor waved me over to the fence. Turns out he was having a barbecue to celebrate his 30th birthday, and he wanted to invite me. I told him I'd be there, and really looked forward to it. The day was just getting better and better!

So I went over to their house at about 5:20, and met so many people, it was just frightening! My neighbors are a young married couple that just had their first baby...they moved in about a year ago, and while we've always waved or said hello to each other, I've never really gotten to know them. So it was a great opportunity for us to actually hang out and talk a bit. They had their baby 8 months ago, and I swear, I've never even seen her. She's stealth baby! I always see them loading up the car to head out with her, but somehow, I always manage to miss seeing her...so I met her yesterday, and she is soooo, so pretty! With a very sweet name, as well. In fact all of the babies that were at the party (there were LOTS) had just the sweetest names. Ella, Greta, Jackson, Maddy...Just cute, cute kids. And two sets of twins! It was crazy. I only stayed for about 2 hours, it got so crazy...after that, it was time to head to the Moose for some NBA and beer therapy.

One of the managers at the Moose told me that his mother had found my blog. I guess she was looking up "The Blue Moose" on some search engine or another, and my blog popped up, since I mention it by name as often as I do. He had checked it out, I s'pose, but not in detail. I still don't know how he knew it was me that writes it, since I use an alias online, but maybe he'd read enough to be able to pick out that I'm the regular that writes it. Maybe he saw an entry that had to do with me going there to watch USC games (I think I'm the only one that did that on a regular basis back in the fall)...that would make the most sense. Perhaps he found one of the entries that had links to my photo album. I don't know...

Anyway, it was a good day, really. I was very extremely exhausted at the end of it all, but I slept in a bit this morning, and I'm starting to come around right now. I still need to measure the shutters I want to replace, and then head to Home Depot to pick up the new ones. I also would really like to replace the house numbers soon, so I need to hit Restoration Hardware, if possible, as well. (I have a gift certificate that my friends gave me over a year ago, and I found the house numbers I want last spring...with the gift certificate's help, I'll only have to pay about $25 for the new numbers...) I don't know if I'm thinking somewhat ambitiously about completing all that activity at this point or not. Guess I'll go get dressed and see what happens. :)

The Spring is always so full of activity. The expected and the unexpected...it's all just so much stuff, you know? It's nice that it's turning out to be happy stuff, though. Makes me feel good.

6 comments:

Chronic The Hedgehog said...

Bloggin' in PV....

Does the Moose still ahve $2 any beer on thursdays?

I used to go up there every week a year or so back.

Always had a big fella named Benny for a waiter.

FaithsTwin said...

Ok. I am officially exhasuted after READING your exhausting day!

Yes, yes, you were VERY excited when you called me. People, she was breathless. Fuckin' nut.

Glad you got to hang with the neighbors though! But now you can't do anything to piss them off. Or you'll feel REALLY really bad. And if they do anything to piss YOU off, you'll feel really REALLY bad.

Faith said...

Yes, Chronic, they still have a beer special on Thursdays. $1.50 for all beers except Guiness and Sam Adams, I believe. But all other beers are $1.50, bottle or draw. I haven't been there for a Thursday night in a while, either. Gets a bit too crowded for my taste.

And Twin, I can't imagine doing something that would actually piss off my neighbors. Unless constantly improving the outside appearance of my house and keeping to myself pisses them off. But they don't seem like the types that would be irritated by that sort of thing. (Though, we did discuss my preference for letting my grass grow out a bit before I mow each time. I told them, I like to keep it long, and then mow it high...they understand I think.) They're all pretty cool people. They all have kids, and they hang out together...which is really nice for them, I think. :)

FaithsTwin said...

Your neighbors do sound like they are very cool BUT DO THEY SING KARAOKE AT 11 P.M. REALLY BADLY LIKE MINE DO!? Didn't think so.

lyn said...

awesome that you did well at the mall. i have to say that i am loving the gap these days. and steve maddems are always good for shoes.

Jynx said...

Ola blogger person
Hi there again
Remember me?
Here is a clue....
http://www.dogsofpoker.net/

Hope to hear from ya. :)