Monday, May 23, 2005

Weekend re-cap

Saturday: yard work. LOTS of yard work. Never did get to mow the back lawn, but the front lawn was done, as well as some pruning of bushes that desperately needed the attention. The new windows were put in, and I'm very happy with them.

My arms are dead still today from all the pruning I caught up on, all at once. Turns out, doing all the bushes in the front yard in one day was not so good of an idea. Oh well...

Saturday night: so exhausted from the hot day of yard work that I rolled over to the local liquor store and bought beer...I wasn't even able to go to the Moose, I was so tired. That's just fucked up.

Sunday morning: went to see John Edward. He rocks. That is all. (Oh, he did answer a question I had about the faces I see when I close my eyes at night sometimes. This is a hard thing to explain, but basically, it's like when you stare at a light, and then close your eyes, and you can still see the outline of the light that you'd been staring at, because it fucks with your retinas, or something? The faces I see are like that. I don't recognize them, and I don't know why they're there. Sometimes, when I start to see them, I open my eyes, and I can still see them. Of course, this all happens in a dark room just before I fall asleep, so when I open my eyes, it's just as dark as it is when I have them shut. Anyway, the faces aren't scary, but they do scare me, if that makes any sense. And just when I start to get a bit freaked out by them, they start to look less friendly, and actually become scary images. So I asked him what that was all about. He said they're my "guides". I don't know what to do with that, so I need to look up some info on it. I asked him about the scary ones, and he asked me if they only start to get scary after I start getting scared. I said yes. So he said it's my mind doing it. Making them scary all of a sudden, I mean. It was interesting, and very helpful to me.)

Sunday afternoon: went to friend's graduation party in Lawrence, KS. Had a fucking BLAST, in spite of the heat (it was only 83 degrees, my car said, but it felt like an oven on the deck we were on...), and drove home rather late looking forward to having a sandwich, watching some t.v. (even though I'm an IDIOT and forgot to set up to record the finale of "Grey's Anatomy" that was on...dammit...), and hitting the sheets. Instead, I got home, found a HUGE fucking roach on my kitchen counter (where do they come from? Where??), and had to scream a little (i.e. A LOOOOT), then called the twin to scream a bit more, and then got out the vacuum...I need to buy some roach stuff today at the market, it would seem. I don't have a dirty house, so I have no idea where that mutherfucker came from. Gross, gross, GROSS!!

And that's what happened this weekend. I'm exhausted, and can't wait until I get to go to bed tonight. I'm really, really, really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

lyn said...

sounds busy....but at least you got to be a little social.

and about your six legged friend - they show up in clean houses too.

at least it wasn't as big as the ones you get in NOLA. I've seen some that are literally six inches long with wings. now that would make anyone scream.