Monday, June 20, 2005

The Case of the Missing Sunglasses

Weird thing happened this morning. I found a pair of sunglasses that I left at my Dad's house (in Cali, mind you) in my purse when I started out of my garage to head to work. At least, I thought I'd left them at Dad's. When I was home for Christmas. Which was 6 months ago.

Isn't that a bit odd? I didn't even own the purse that I carry now when I was home at Christmas. Also, I left them there. I'm sure of it. I had to go buy new ones as soon as I got back into town, since my eyes were ready to burst into little flames due to the sun exposure. (I have really sensitive eyes...)

But this morning, I reached into my purse, and pulled out my sunglasses, and then I stared at them for about 20 seconds, because...it was weird. And then I reached back into my purse, and found my other pair that I've been wearing since Christmas, because the other ones were freaking me out. Seriously.

I have no other explanation for the sunglasses being in my purse as they were this morning. They weren't in there on Saturday. And yesterday, I was in my house all day long, except when I went to the supermarket to grab a salad. And I left my purse in the car when I went in the store, so it wasn't like some lady accidentally put her sunglasses into my bag, or that I grabbed someone else's pair off the check-out counter, or whatever. Plus, they're my old pair of sunglasses. So, really, it's not like they could be anyone else's that accidentally got placed in my purse.

So I'm a little bit freaked out by that today. And now I have to go make travel arrangements for my boss, since he's an eternal pain in my ass, and now he needs to go to St. Louis tomorrow, for some reason. Is it bad that I hope I can't find space at any hotel except for a Howard Johnson's or something? I'm just so very sick and tired of his last minute changes. Honestly...they just seem completely unneccesary. And he had stopped doing shit like this for the past couple of months, so I was hoping we were over that attitude. But I guess not. Dammit...

4 comments:

sporty said...

Dude, did you ever get my emails this weekend? I know you don't check during the day at work, but I wanted to make sure you got them.

FaithsTwin said...

Another dimension is messin' with ya.

Faith said...

I saw your e-mails in there today, Sporty. I didn't check it at all this weekend after I sent you my note on Friday...I was very lazy, it seems. :) I'll check it tonight. Sorry about that!

Twin, I don't know what's going on. It is a very rough time of year, and all, so it would make sense that something is trying to communicate. But how the FUCK did they get from Dad's house to my purse? How, how, how??? Sooo weird...

sporty said...

I just wanted to make sure you got them. The email gnomes and all....