Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Found a paddle...

Everything worked itself out at work. The day has been busy as hell, though, so it's an even exchange really.

I have to go on a business trip tomorrow now, too, which sucks. It was being discussed last week, but just decided for sure today. Hopefully it'll be of some kind of help, but that remains to be seen. I'm having to do double the work today to cover the fact that I won't be able to have access to anything tomorrow, though, and my server that I need to access for AP and procurement items is down. Mutha. Fucka. What can a girl do? THAT'S RIGHT! She can blog, yo! :D

I was talking to the Twin earlier while I was eating lunch (chewing in her ear all the while...), and telling her about my happiness I experienced while working out this morning. See, my house is pretty tiny, but there is plenty of space, due to my vunderbar singleness, for a specific room that is home to my faboolous treadmill. It's right across the hall from the bathroom. And so this morning, when I was just winding down from a quick sprint and preparing for the next one to start, I felt old Mr. Brown a-knockin'. I tried to hold him off for another minute, but he wasn't having it. So I was forced to stop mid-workout to have our meeting. During this meeting, I was remembering back to the days when I had to visit a gym in order to workout. Whenever I had an urge that caused me to have to run to the ladies' room, I hated life. I'd have to abandon the machine I was on at the moment, gather all my stuff together, and go take care of business. It doesn't happen often, thank goodness, but when it does, it irritates me a great deal. So it was nice this morning to realize that I could have my (blessedly) quick meeting, and hop back on the treadmill to kick back into gear without a care in the world.

Ahhh...it's the simple things in life that make me happy. Pooping is definitely a simple thing. :)

5 comments:

RjL said...

quick note! did you get my email of last week?

Maine said...

Pooping is one of those things we tend to take for granted. Like, it feels nice and all, but technically, it could hurt. And we'd still have to do it anyway.

So, when you're counting your blessings, make sure you count the one about pooping feeling good.

Faith said...

RjL, yes, I did receive your note...work is just super-duper busy right now, so I haven't been able to keep up with much, outside of blogging quickly here and there, and then going home and collapsing on my couch after a 10 hour day. Good luck this weekend! I need to know what you guys want as a present. I want to get you stuff...so tell me what kind of stuff you need. :) (And DON'T tell me not to get you anything! I WANT to do it, so let me...)

Maine, I love it when the pooping feels good. I hate it when I'm sitting there asking my poop, "Why are you doing this to me? What the HELL did I do to make you so angry with me that you feel you need to get back at me like this? AUUUGGGHH!!!" Those kinds are definitely NOT blessings, and I thank you for making me remember that. I'll appreciate my good feeling poop the next time it happens.

Ugh. I've thoroughly used up my quota of saying the word "poop" at this point, so I'd better go...

FaithsTwin said...

You realize I am now SPRINTING to get away from here right?

zagood said...

lol...that reminds me of an old Kids in the Hall special on HBO..."Any time I mention anything anal, all the white people in the audience leave to go clean their cars."

-z