Thursday, June 23, 2005

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!...

Happy birthday, momma. Miss you tons and tons. :)

(The funny thing is, I can hear your voice singing "Happy Birthday" in my head right now. God, how I miss the way you did that every year! Good thing you did do it, though...I like the memories of hearing your voice singing me "Happy Birthday" over the phone, and immitating Miss Piggy when you read a book about the Muppets, and even the way you sounded when you were clearly fed up with my bullshit. I think I sound a little bit like you, even. And that's nice. I can't believe you've been gone for 7 years. Hope that you guys are throwing one HELL (get it? Ha!) of a party up there for your birthday today!)

6 comments:

Maine said...

Hey, I'll see if I can't pull some strings and get your mom a big party. I know a guy up there... ;)

Faith said...

Well, isn't that nice of you...thank you, Maine! Mom always loved those big parties, fo sho. :D

FaithsTwin said...

I took her flowers. :)

lyn said...

i'm singing happy bday to your mom right now :)

Faith said...

I'm taking flowers to the dead boyfriend's grave this weekend for him and mom. (For those of you who don't know, that's how I commemorate Mom and dead boyfriend's passing every year...they died within two weeks of each other almost a year apart, and since I'm not near momma's grave here in Kansas (she's in Cali, obviously), I go to dead boyfriend's and put the two together in between their death anniversaries...) I have a flower that bloomed at an odd time this year (just a single flower...on a bush that blooms in April. It popped up on Tuesday morning this week...), I'll be taking that down, along with some other random flowers from my garden. Should be a peaceful time.

And Lyn, I'm sure glad you sang for my mom! Such a great voice! She deserved that...you're a doll. :)

sporty said...

Happy Birthday!!