Monday, June 13, 2005

I'll be under a rock, if you need me...

Very tired. Very fat. And holy bejeezus, if it doesn't stop raining soon, I don't know what I'll do! (Although, I'm pretty sure it will involve playing mind-games with the chipmunks that have taken over my back yard this summer. Mwahahah...oh, forget it.)

Waking up early to try to abate very fat issue. (Now I get up at 5:15 in order to have a full 45 minutes on the treadmill at least 3 times a week...I used to get up at 5:35. Amazing what 20 minutes can mean apparently.) Hence the extreme tiredness. I'm going to keep at it, though, as I'm slowly but surely growing out of my size 16 clothing. And baby, that AIN'T happ'nen. I'm going to only allow myself 2 beers per night on the weekends, and no drinks at all during the week. The food thing is easy to control...I have to stop making my own croutons and corn chips, as I go through them rather quickly with the mind-set of, "Well, I made them myself, so they aren't nearly as bad as eating fries from McDonald's, or tacos from Taco Schmako, or Cheetos Puffs..." But then I eat the equivalent of an entire french baguette over the course of one day (I really do make very good croutons), and then it doesn't matter that I've skipped eating an order of fries.

I can't remember exactly how I did it, but when I put myself on the 6 Week Body Makeover plan a couple of years ago, I dropped to a size 14 rather quickly. And while I've stuck to a lot of the philosophies it projects food-wise (sticking to turkey and chicken vs. beef; eating smaller portions at each meal, and making sure to eat more meals throughout the day, etc, etc...), I need to stick to it all the time, rather than just MOST of the time. So back to turkey chili and white rice we go!

I really think the beer on the weekends has a lot to do with things, though. So we'll see if it helps for me to drink more water/Diet Coke than beer when I'm out with friends. It'll be a bit cheaper, if nothing else...

Sorry to be a bore. Nothing funny happened on the way to the colliseum this morning. Maybe something will happen later...

3 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

The drinking thing has really effected me. I've only lost 3 lbs since I stopped drinking a half (oh, who am I kidding) a whole bottle of wine each night. I now only drink a half a glass and that's if I drink at all. With exception to last night. I drank too much, reminiscing about Mom, and watching crime shows.

lyn said...

yep, the alcohol consumption really contributes to the weight thing.

so alternate a beer with some h20 when you're out. So you'll need to pee a lot, but you'll avoid hangovers and the extra weight.

Faith said...

You know, I already pee a lot, so that wouldn't be much of a change. :)

What I don't get is why beer/alcohol calories are such horrible ones to metabolize. From what I've always been taught, they're the same as a fat calorie, rather than being like a plain ol' carbohydrate calorie. It's stupid, is what it is.