Thursday, June 16, 2005

Quick update...

Roads were completely squirrel-free today. Yay!

I am making a card for my dad for Father's Day. It's looking pretty cool so far...a little homemade-ish, but since it is, and that's the point, I don't mind. I spent a bit on the supplies for the card, but it was still less than it would've cost to buy a present, and since I have NO IDEA what the HELL to buy the man, I thought that going the homemade-card-route would be best. He really likes homemade cards. And he can buy the fucking King Tut exhibit if he wanted to, so it's not like he can't buy himself a new doo-dad if he needs one. I don't need to find him something I think he needs in order to show him that I love and appreciate him. The card does show that, though. So, go me! :)

In other news, I chaffed (chafed? I don't know, and I'm not taking the time to look. Let me know if you don't know what I mean, and I'll explain it later...) myself in a very odd spot yesterday, and I haven't a clue as to how I did it. Everyone knows I'm a big girl, and being a big girl, I have upper thighs that rub together. This sometimes causes a bit of discomfort on a hot day when I'm wearing a skirt, and am out and about doing a bit of walking. No biggy...I neosporin it before bed, and that usually mellows it out by morning. But I don't know if the underwear I was wearing when I worked out yesterday morning came together with my biker-shorts that I walked in to scratch the hell out of the spot where my inner thigh meets with my happy place, or what. But right at the top of my inner thigh, there is the most uncomfy scratch/burn/chaffed spot, and I don't know (a) how it got there or (b) how to make it happy/make it go away. So I'm a bit uncomfortable today.

And work sort of sucks again right now. There's only one thing I can do to make myself completely happy when it comes to my working life. And that is to start with the voice-over thing, and then become completely self-employed/self-sufficient, which I'm sure I could do within 2 years (I hope, I HOPE!!), so I can tell this admin gig to bug the fuck off. But I need to motivate myself to get moving on that, seriously. I HAVE TO RECORD MY DEMO!!! I'm freaked out about it, though. The money...the inexperience...the lack of knowledge about whether the recording studio I choose will be the right recording studio. I'm freaking out about it, and it's keeping me from moving forward. So I need to stop freaking out, right? Right. Great. Glad I've got that down now...:)

I'd better get back to work. The list of to-do's isn't getting any smaller by me bitching about shit in this post, eh?

4 comments:

zagood said...

Here's a little something to get you in the right frame of mind going on that voiceover career...

Comedian

-z

FaithsTwin said...

aaahahahahahahahahaha! Dude, hopefully you can get to that one. That is classic.

Faith said...

I can't. Windows Media can't connect to the media involved, or some shit like that.

I had NO IDEA that Jerry Seinfeld had a movie coming out! How fun will that be? (Thanks Z...I'll try to check it out from home later...)

shannon said...

Desitin and powder...works wonders...